• Communication commission discussion

Re : Virtual meeting TODAY at 16.00 Paris time

from Ibrahima FALL on Jan 16, 2011 11:51 AM
Welcomme.
We'll get in touch as soon as possible.
Ibrahima Fall

----- Message d'origine ----
De : nicolas haeringer <nicolas.haeringer@...>
À : communication-commission-discussion@...
Envoyé le : Dim 16 janvier 2011, 10h 31min 10s
Objet : Re: [Communication commission discussion] Virtual meeting TODAY at 16.00
Paris time

Hello,

I won't join the meeting, as I'll on my way to the airport, landing in Dakar
tonight.
If I can be of any help for the comcom once I'm there, let me know.

Nicolas

Le 16 janv. 2011 à 11:16, Jason Nardi a écrit :

> Dear all
>
> I'm confirming our meeting today at 4pm.  Imbrahima, Tidiane and others from
>Dakar shoulf be able to join us since they will have just finished the
>organising committee seminar which is taking place this weekend.
>
> Please make an effort to attend!
>
> On skype (send me yr skype id if you're not already in)
>
> cheers,
> Jason
>
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Mallory Knodel <mallory@...> wrote:
> Thanks Jason and Dan-
>
> A total of 4 techies from the US Social Forum will be in Dakar as of this
>weekend (me) and over the next week. We will be in Dakar to support organizing
>efforts leading up to the forum in any way that is useful to Igor and the local
>technology team. If you know of other international techies that will be in
>attendance, you can have them contact me in the event that they would like some
>collaboration and/or join accommodation.
>
> We look forward to the meeting on Sunday,
> -Mallory
>

> On 01/14/2011 11:50 AM, Jason Nardi wrote:
>> Dear Dan and all,
>>
>> thanks for this and your previous message!
>>
>> I agree with you and relaunch the proposal of having an online meeting on
>>Sunday -- I would say both the 16th and the 23rd, since there is a lot to
>>discuss.  Perhaps we could do it at 3pm CET (Central European Time - i.e.
>>Paris), which could help people from most of the world to join in.
>>
>> I remind everyone that Judith and the interpreters group is waiting for an
>>answer on needs for interpretation for Communication and Media  (Media center,
>>Press, Radio, etc.).
>>
>> So please, whoever is concerned, give your ideas and proposals as soon as
>>possible.
>>
>> An update from Dakar would also be useful.
>>
>> The international press has prepared a Press Kit which will be circulated very
>>soon.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jason
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM, dan baron <danbaronmst@...> wrote:
>> Hi Jason and everyone
>>
>> Sorry for my delay in responding. We're dealing with many pressures here -
>>personal and social - all at once.
>>

>> Thanks for your proposal to meet. I think it's essential we have a virtual
>>meeting before Dakar, and now that your proposal of 6/7 January has passed, what
>>about during a weekend, when more of us may be available? Could we try a Sunday
>>night, for example (16 or 23)? For me, the 16th would be better, and would give
>>us time to act on anything we decide, before Dakar.
>>
>> All the best
>> Dan

Nicolas Haeringer
World Social Forum's International Council Resources Commission
+33650861259
skype : nicolas.haeringer
http://www.mouvements.info

--