• Communication commission discussion

Re: Re: fsm2011 website

from on Jan 21, 2011 02:18 PM
would somebody please interface with me about your needs for both press/media centre and most importantly community radio interpreting? We will probably have a "flying team" available, but need to make sure that you have access to professional level interpreters rather than students for the most important things...

Thanks people!

Judith

Envoyé depuis SFR Mail. 10 Go de stockage - en savoir plus.

Message du : 21/01/2011
De : "Tidiane Kasse " <tidiane@...>
A : communication-commission-discussion@...
Copie à :
Sujet : Re: [Communication commission discussion] fsm2011 website

 Hi Mallory
Flame of Africa is on the way. They will have a team for radio, Tv and press coverage. I have been told that a new website is under construction.
I would also suggest a link with Pambazuka (www.pambazuka.org). A team of journalists will cover the forum and can contribute to the contents of the fsm2011 website. I will confirm monday after a pambazuka team meeting.
 Best

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Jason Nardi <jason.nardi@...> wrote:
 Hi Mallory!

Great to hear this!

I have some suggestions that go back months:

In the home page, where the banners (rotating each time the page is loaded) are:
   - Can you add the Worldsocialforum.info banner and link with the others at the bottom of the home page?
  - The link to  TerraViva 2010 (http://www.ips.org/TV/wsf2010), should have TerraViva as title, not IPS
- There should be a link to the radio forum (http://www.forosocialradios.org) as well, instead of AMARC
   - There should also be a banner for DAKAR EXTENDED in evidence: it is one of the main "internet" activities, it should be visible

Besides that, as far as the PRESS&MEDIA section goes, in English it is still "site em construção" and should be at least with the same text as in Portuguese (part of it is in the submenu "Media Center").  Same for the "In the Media" Tab in home page.

 For the international press, as Monica said, we're working on the worldsocialforum.info site.  An RSS can be added (as well as viceversa: is it possible to have the rss link to fsm2011.org?) to have news feeds from all over the world:  http://www.worldsocialforum.info/feeds/news/RSS

 Finally, one question for the African side of the comcom: I've looked for Flamme d'Afrique on the web, but only found the old website from 2009 (inside the Panos website, which doesn't even mention the FSM2011!).  I had understood that Flamme would be one of the main protagonists for FSM2011.  Can someone tell us what the situation is?  I am not being polemic - on the contrary I would expect Flamme also to be mentioned amongst the shared media with a logo on the home page, etc. and contributions to the content of the fsm2011.org website.  But where is it?

 Thanks!
Jason

 2011/1/21 Mallory Knodel <mallory@...>
                 Hi, everyone-

 I'm helping a bit with the website updates. If you can send text (translated, preferably), I am very happy to post it.

 Best,
 -Mallory

 On 01/20/2011 11:11 AM, Monica Di Sisto wrote:    Dear all,
   it's crucial now to concentrate the efforts, as Antonio stressed, to raise international visibility of the Forum. If you go to www.worldsocialforum.info you'll find the first version of the press kit for the intl media we're contacting and directly recalling in those days as intl press support team.
   You could easily link up the media section of the Dakar website to www.worldsocialforum.info, to make easier available those materials to the journalists who will visit your website. Do you think it's possible to do it quickly?
   Another question: it's possible to have the list of the intl media who wrote to the media email about their participation, to have an idea of the presences and to assist them in a more coordinate way?
   Thanks again and happy to share this adventure with all of you!

   Monica

   WSF intl press pool

   2011/1/20 antonio pacor <apacor@...>
   Dear all,      I think that they come like the other tv.
     I'm contacting different tvs , I spoke with BBC's head of newsghatering and might be an interest to send a crew to the forum, they are based in Accra.
     What we need is an update of the website, we still have some part that are talking about wsf2010, it is very important to change because if someone go there needs info.
     we are ready also to send a call to more then 200 contact to the African tv's but we need to give them update info.
     I'm trying to speak with the Al Jazeera Europe director, someone has also spoke with the headq in Doha?
     grazie
     antonio pacor

     2011/1/20 Mamadou diouf <midiouf@...>
                                                          moi aussi, c'st bien l'exclusivité qui me gene,
             revoyons une autre formule, mais sans exclusivité
             A tt de suite

             Mamadou  Diouf   Mignane
  Forum Social Sénégalais - FSS
             Mobile  00 221/ 77 6326780
 DAKAR - SENEGAL

 From: Tidiane Kasse <tidiane@...>
 Date: 2011/1/14
 Subject: Re: Proposition de partenariat avec goodness tv
 To: Comité D'administration <caem.senegal@...>
 Cc: Laurent Imbault <limbault@...>

 Salut à tous
 Merci pour cette réponse, Modibo. On revient vous, Laurent, la semaine prochaine.

                 2011/1/13 Comité D'administration <caem.senegal@...>
                 Bonsoir Laurent

 Tidiane a bien reçu le mail et l'a enregistré comme preoposition.
 Etant entendu que ce n'est pas la seule proposition il compte les
 regrouper toutes et en parler à la réunion du Comité de pilotage
 prévue ce samedi

 Sois patient il va certainement revenir vers vous prochainement

 Merci

 Cordialement

 Modibo

 --
 Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295462359651

 Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295520272684

 Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295521054130

 Monica Di Sisto - Vice presidente
 [fair] Commercio Equo, Sostenibilità, Comunicazione
   www.faircoop.it

 leggi [fair]watch, a volo radente sull'economia globale
   www.fairwatch.splinder.com

 --
 Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295522463735

--  Mallory Knodel  May First/People Link Leadership ...Growing Networks to Build a Just World...  mayfirst.org malloryknodel.net/blog

--
Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295565508432

Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295612358671

Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295615315362