• 2011movements-fsm discussion

Re: Lodging - and related sunday reflections...

de parte de Shawn Carrié on 2013-02-24 08:18
That was the best email I've read in a long time.   #------ Original message ------From: Azril Bacal Date: 2/24/2013 02:47To: 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@...;Cc: AHLEM BOUSSERWEL;mariangela;Beatriz Bissio Staricco;Antonio Martins;Antonio Martins;jasper teunissen;Jai Sen;Subject:[2011movements-fsm discussion] Lodging - and related sunday reflections...Greetings, Shawn,

Let us hope that you/we succeed in that task, to avoid becoming
"homeless" participants at the WSF 2013 in Tunisia :-)

It is a fact of the WSF-process - and from its very inception, that
"some" among us remain "more equal" than others, in what concerns
funding, a self-defined decision-making "elite" and related matters.

Maybe it is an unavoidable organizational contradiction even in paradise.

Even to physically make it to the WSF implies such a privileged difference.
In other words, we are part of an elitist egalitarian process
(hopefully in the long run), even though privileges have a way to be
reproduced to the bitter end, right

This is an unpleasant self-critical reflection that jumped into my
mind on this early winterish sunday morning.

Nevertheless, given the inherit imperfection and contradictions of
human life, in this stage of human development, I do consider the
WSF-process to be one of the most valuable socio-political initiatives
of the 21st century.

It is also a slow global learning process, that should in due time and
some amount of soul-searching, raise the level of awareness, humility
and practical sharing solidarity, beyond our current charity-like
"solidarity funding," among the more "prima (donna) inter pares" in
our midst. For instance, by sharing hotel spaces, even the carpet
space - in their 5 and 4 stars hotels, or? :-)

Let us also hope, that our tunisian comrades find solidarity lodgement
possibilities with tunisian "real people," without excluding our
activist community.

If we are truly to become a new "planetarian tribe," engaged in the
construction of new possible worlds, it is high time to start sharing
our homes - and hotel facilities as well, or?

Abrazos provocativos,
Azril
____

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Shawn Carrié  wrote:
> Greetings, Azril,
>

> I am like you, I am waiting for others to provide more information, because
> I myself will be looking for a place to stay in Tunis.
>

> I am offering to do the task of contacting people in Tunis, in case other
> people are too busy to do this task - but I don't have any contacts, so I
> would just need to be provided with the names and contact information
> (phone, email) of people in Tunis.
>

> #

Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/02/1361692066519
Regresar a vista por datas: Filado ou plano