• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • People unsubscribing from lists

    from Mikifus on Apr 18, 2013 06:29 AM
    Hi there,

    As I see the WSF ended and many people is going out of the mailing list.
    But there's no need to lose the contact, we must remain in touch in order
    to collaborate. For that reason here's a list of alternatives to continue
    working:

    - Squares mailing list:
    Many people met here first and then projects like Global-Square came.
    There's all kind of cross-posted information from other mailing lists and
    people from all around the world. One of the main axis on international
    communication of the movement. At the same time, you would need to manage
    many emails a day.
    You can subscribe here (ignore the SSL error):

    - Transcollab mailing list:
    Created to coordinate movements in Europe and with many german contacts.
    Used by the people working in the Blockupy proposal. There is some
    interesting cross-posted information without the high traffic of Squares.
    You can subscribe sending an email to: *transcollab-owner@...*

    - Mumble server
    If you open mumble sometimes you'll find always someone to talk with. Look
    during the day to see the best time to stay tunned. More info here:
    http://occupytalk.org/

    - Interoccupy Newsletter
    It's a weekly newsletter with news about Occupy, specially from the USA
    activity. It has also a "Calls" section to find the week's online meetings.
    You can subscribe here:
    http://interoccupy.net/newsletter/

    There are more platforms and collaboration tools, just ask the people or
    look for them by yourself!

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: People unsubscribing from lists

    from Rami Brahem on Apr 18, 2013 08:41 PM
    Can someone helps me understand what is VIA22 ?

    Regarding this adress:
    http://interoccupy.net/blog/via22-schedule-at-the-world-social-forum-in-tunis/
    Via22 shedule is... GlobalSquare shedule.
    But while presenting is as Via 22's shedule.
    Which i didn't heard about inside Globalsquare activities in WSF.

    So what is Via22 ? Why does it present itself just as Globalsquare while
    saying that it's another thing? Is that one guy alone or a group?
    Also, it say it want to network everybody... Just as everybody else.

    Whatever, i feel confused cause i did rebalanced the invitation cause i
    tooked it from there but i'd like someone to explain me who is behind Via
    22.

    2013/4/18 Mikifus <mikifus@...>

    > Hi there,
    >
    > As I see the WSF ended and many people is going out of the mailing list.
    > But there's no need to lose the contact, we must remain in touch in order
    > to collaborate. For that reason here's a list of alternatives to continue
    > working:
    >
    > - Squares mailing list:
    > Many people met here first and then projects like Global-Square came.
    > There's all kind of cross-posted information from other mailing lists and
    > people from all around the world. One of the main axis on international
    > communication of the movement. At the same time, you would need to manage
    > many emails a day.
    > You can subscribe here (ignore the SSL error):
    >
    > - Transcollab mailing list:
    > Created to coordinate movements in Europe and with many german contacts.
    > Used by the people working in the Blockupy proposal. There is some
    > interesting cross-posted information without the high traffic of Squares.
    > You can subscribe sending an email to: *transcollab-owner@...*
    >
    > - Mumble server
    > If you open mumble sometimes you'll find always someone to talk with. Look
    > during the day to see the best time to stay tunned. More info here:
    > http://occupytalk.org/
    >
    > - Interoccupy Newsletter
    > It's a weekly newsletter with news about Occupy, specially from the USA
    > activity. It has also a "Calls" section to find the week's online meetings.
    > You can subscribe here:
    > http://interoccupy.net/newsletter/
    >

    > There are more platforms and collaboration tools, just ask the people or
    > look for them by yourself!
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366266557336<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366266557336>

    • Re: People unsubscribing from lists

      from Rami Brahem on Apr 18, 2013 08:45 PM
      Ok i guess it's about the 2 girls that did a workshop at a moment on
      networking. I don't feel clear that Via 22 appropriate into itself all the
      workshop & assemblies while they wasn't here at all excepting that workshop
      & didn't clearly invited us to join them ?
      I'd like clarification if possible ?

      2013/4/18 Rami Brahem <rami.brahem@...>

      > Can someone helps me understand what is VIA22 ?
      >
      > Regarding this adress:
      > http://interoccupy.net/blog/via22-schedule-at-the-world-social-forum-in-tunis/
      > Via22 shedule is... GlobalSquare shedule.
      > But while presenting is as Via 22's shedule.
      > Which i didn't heard about inside Globalsquare activities in WSF.
      >
      > So what is Via22 ? Why does it present itself just as Globalsquare while
      > saying that it's another thing? Is that one guy alone or a group?
      > Also, it say it want to network everybody... Just as everybody else.
      >
      > Whatever, i feel confused cause i did rebalanced the invitation cause i
      > tooked it from there but i'd like someone to explain me who is behind Via
      > 22.
      >

      > 2013/4/18 Mikifus <mikifus@...>
      >
      >> Hi there,
      >>
      >> As I see the WSF ended and many people is going out of the mailing list.
      >> But there's no need to lose the contact, we must remain in touch in order
      >> to collaborate. For that reason here's a list of alternatives to continue
      >> working:
      >>
      >> - Squares mailing list:
      >> Many people met here first and then projects like Global-Square came.
      >> There's all kind of cross-posted information from other mailing lists and
      >> people from all around the world. One of the main axis on international
      >> communication of the movement. At the same time, you would need to manage
      >> many emails a day.
      >> You can subscribe here (ignore the SSL error):
      >>
      >> - Transcollab mailing list:
      >> Created to coordinate movements in Europe and with many german contacts.
      >> Used by the people working in the Blockupy proposal. There is some
      >> interesting cross-posted information without the high traffic of Squares.
      >> You can subscribe sending an email to: *transcollab-owner@...*
      >>
      >> - Mumble server
      >> If you open mumble sometimes you'll find always someone to talk with.
      >> Look during the day to see the best time to stay tunned. More info here:
      >> http://occupytalk.org/
      >>
      >> - Interoccupy Newsletter
      >> It's a weekly newsletter with news about Occupy, specially from the USA
      >> activity. It has also a "Calls" section to find the week's online meetings.
      >> You can subscribe here:
      >> http://interoccupy.net/newsletter/
      >>

      >> There are more platforms and collaboration tools, just ask the people or
      >> look for them by yourself!
      >>

      >> --
      >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366266557336<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366266557336>

      • Re: People unsubscribing from lists

        from Orsan Senalp on Apr 18, 2013 09:16 PM
        Hi Rami, here there is more info, i guess you already met Carminda
        online and in Tunis, she is from via22 and as far as i know she is on
        this list as well:  http://via22global.wix.com/via22#!global-call
        greetings

        On 18 April 2013 22:39, Rami Brahem <rami.brahem@...> wrote:
        > Ok i guess it's about the 2 girls that did a workshop at a moment on
        > networking. I don't feel clear that Via 22 appropriate into itself all the
        > workshop & assemblies while they wasn't here at all excepting that workshop
        > & didn't clearly invited us to join them ?
        > I'd like clarification if possible ?
        >

        > 2013/4/18 Rami Brahem <rami.brahem@...>
        >>
        >> Can someone helps me understand what is VIA22 ?
        >>
        >> Regarding this adress:
        >> http://interoccupy.net/blog/via22-schedule-at-the-world-social-forum-in-tunis/
        >> Via22 shedule is... GlobalSquare shedule.
        >> But while presenting is as Via 22's shedule.
        >> Which i didn't heard about inside Globalsquare activities in WSF.
        >>
        >> So what is Via22 ? Why does it present itself just as Globalsquare while
        >> saying that it's another thing? Is that one guy alone or a group?
        >> Also, it say it want to network everybody... Just as everybody else.
        >>
        >> Whatever, i feel confused cause i did rebalanced the invitation cause i
        >> tooked it from there but i'd like someone to explain me who is behind Via
        >> 22.
        >>

        >> 2013/4/18 Mikifus <mikifus@...>
        >>>
        >>> Hi there,
        >>>
        >>> As I see the WSF ended and many people is going out of the mailing list.
        >>> But there's no need to lose the contact, we must remain in touch in order
        >>> to collaborate. For that reason here's a list of alternatives to continue
        >>> working:
        >>>
        >>> - Squares mailing list:
        >>> Many people met here first and then projects like Global-Square came.
        >>> There's all kind of cross-posted information from other mailing lists and
        >>> people from all around the world. One of the main axis on international
        >>> communication of the movement. At the same time, you would need to manage
        >>> many emails a day.
        >>> You can subscribe here (ignore the SSL error):
        >>>
        >>> - Transcollab mailing list:
        >>> Created to coordinate movements in Europe and with many german contacts.
        >>> Used by the people working in the Blockupy proposal. There is some
        >>> interesting cross-posted information without the high traffic of Squares.
        >>> You can subscribe sending an email to: transcollab-owner@...
        >>>
        >>> - Mumble server
        >>> If you open mumble sometimes you'll find always someone to talk with.
        >>> Look during the day to see the best time to stay tunned. More info here:
        >>> http://occupytalk.org/
        >>>
        >>> - Interoccupy Newsletter
        >>> It's a weekly newsletter with news about Occupy, specially from the USA
        >>> activity. It has also a "Calls" section to find the week's online meetings.
        >>> You can subscribe here:
        >>> http://interoccupy.net/newsletter/
        >>>

        >>> There are more platforms and collaboration tools, just ask the people or
        >>> look for them by yourself!
        >>>

        >>> --
        >>> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366266557336

        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366317950843

          from Rami Brahem on Apr 18, 2013 09:20 PM
          Hello Orsan, ok thanks for the informations.

          2013/4/18 Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...>

          > Hi Rami, here there is more info, i guess you already met Carminda
          > online and in Tunis, she is from via22 and as far as i know she is on
          > this list as well:  http://via22global.wix.com/via22#!global-call
          > greetings
          >
          > On 18 April 2013 22:39, Rami Brahem <rami.brahem@...> wrote:
          > > Ok i guess it's about the 2 girls that did a workshop at a moment on
          > > networking. I don't feel clear that Via 22 appropriate into itself all
          > the
          > > workshop & assemblies while they wasn't here at all excepting that
          > workshop
          > > & didn't clearly invited us to join them ?
          > > I'd like clarification if possible ?
          > >

          > > 2013/4/18 Rami Brahem <rami.brahem@...>
          > >>
          > >> Can someone helps me understand what is VIA22 ?
          > >>
          > >> Regarding this adress:
          > >>
          > http://interoccupy.net/blog/via22-schedule-at-the-world-social-forum-in-tunis/
          > >> Via22 shedule is... GlobalSquare shedule.
          > >> But while presenting is as Via 22's shedule.
          > >> Which i didn't heard about inside Globalsquare activities in WSF.
          > >>
          > >> So what is Via22 ? Why does it present itself just as Globalsquare while
          > >> saying that it's another thing? Is that one guy alone or a group?
          > >> Also, it say it want to network everybody... Just as everybody else.
          > >>
          > >> Whatever, i feel confused cause i did rebalanced the invitation cause i
          > >> tooked it from there but i'd like someone to explain me who is behind
          > Via
          > >> 22.

          > list.
          > order
          > continue

          > and
          > manage

          > contacts.
          > Squares.
          > transcollab-owner@...

          > here:

          > meetings.

          > or

          > questions.
          > >>

          > > --
          > > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366317950843

          > questions.
          >

          > --
          > Archive:
          > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366319769172

      • Re: People unsubscribing from lists

        from VIA22 on Apr 19, 2013 01:25 AM
        Hi Rami!

        Thanks for your message! I'm sorry we couldn't meet in Tunis....

        VIA22 is an initiative inspired by the Quebec Spring, in wich last year we
        had big gatherings on the 22nd of each month. Since october 22nd, VIA22
        sent out an international call for people involved in different social and
        environnemental initiatives around the world, for us to converge into a
        dialogue process that could be sustainable (on every 22nd), that could help
        us to share alternatives internationally, and encourage us to learn from
        each other, on the long term. The idea is just starting but we have
        received enthusiastic answers from around 15 countries (even if of course
        at the end it's just a few of us pushing the communications and stuff...).
        It is runed with the principles of horizontality and with no cash.

        Actually, a few of us were actively participating in the process of Global
        Square since the end of last year, and proposed 3 activities during the
        Forum called "How to collaborate beyond the WSF". One of them was inscribed
        in the planing of Global Square and took place in the Global Square space.
        We were trying to promote all the activities of Global Square, that's maybe
        why it appears somewhere that VIA22 was kind of "linked" with Global
        Square... Sorry for the confusion.

        Many of us would have wished to spend more time in the space of Global
        Square but our activities took almost all the time we had... In any case, I
        think that VIA22 and Global Square are essentially the same, in that they
        are nothing by themselves, other that what people do within them :) For me
        the etiquettes are less important than the desire of sustainability of
        collective learning and action.

        I hope all this helps you understand what VIA22 is about, but don't
        hesitate to ask if you need more precisions :)

        Hoping to hear many of you on the next 22nd!!

        All the best,

        Carminda

        >>> 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for
        >>> questions.
        >>>

        > --
        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366317950843<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366317950843>

        *VIA22Global*
        www.via22.org
        Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/VIA22GLOBAL
        Twitter : @VIA22GLOBAL #VIA22

          from Rami Brahem on Apr 19, 2013 05:34 PM
          Ok thx Carminda. Sounds like an honest call. I'll try to be there, & i've
          forwarded the event anyway. Have a nice day.& see you around.

          Cheers