• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • occupying the wsf article on WNV

    from Marisa Holmes on Apr 23, 2013 06:18 PM
    Hey everyone,
    I think most of you have seen it by now, but in any case I thought I should
    post it to this list.
    Here's the link:
    http://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/why-we-occupied-the-world-social-forum/

    Marisa

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: occupying the wsf article on WNV

    from agora_brazil@... on Apr 23, 2013 09:10 PM
    Thank you for posting

    I'll spread the source. I like your photos.

    Greetings from Brazil.

    > Hey everyone,
    > I think most of you have seen it by now, but in any case I thought I
    > should
    > post it to this list.
    > Here's the link:
    > http://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/why-we-occupied-the-world-social-forum/
    >
    > Marisa
    >

    > --
    > Archive:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366741132281

    • Re: occupying the wsf article on WNV

      from jackiews on Apr 24, 2013 05:25 PM
      +1 great. appreciated the history of the WSF.  sharing.

      On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM, <agora_brazil@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for posting
      >
      > I'll spread the source. I like your photos.
      >
      > Greetings from Brazil.
      >
      > > Hey everyone,
      > > I think most of you have seen it by now, but in any case I thought I
      > > should
      > > post it to this list.
      > > Here's the link:
      > >
      > http://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/why-we-occupied-the-world-social-forum/
      > >
      > > Marisa
      > >

      > > --
      > > Archive:
      > >
      > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366741132281
      > questions.
      > >

      > --
      > Archive:
      > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366751417663

      • Proposals for next meeting of Globalsquare WSF

        from Rami Brahem on Apr 25, 2013 02:14 PM
        I feel confused with both pads. Thank you Vica for your work.
        I totally agree with you Shawn about defining who we are & i think
        that's an important topic if we really want to build something on the
        long run.

        Also i'd be happy to chat with you on Mumble before the meeting as you
        proposed, & with anyone who is available;
        Most of my meetings in tunisia are between 5pm to 9pm GMT & not
        everyday, some are in the day but more rarely. Rest of my time is
        manageable.

        I've put some proposals for agenda here: http://titanpad.com/globalsquare11
        Mostly cause the other one is more about information points.
        _Let me know if it's understable, sometimes i not easy to understand,
        especially in english._

        Le 4/24/2013 6:19 PM, Jackie Splain a écrit :
        > +1 great. appreciated the history of the WSF.  sharing.
        >

        > On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM, <agora_brazil@...
        > <mailto:agora_brazil@...>> wrote:
        >
        >     Thank you for posting
        >
        >     I'll spread the source. I like your photos.
        >
        >     Greetings from Brazil.
        >
        >     > Hey everyone,
        >     > I think most of you have seen it by now, but in any case I thought I
        >     > should
        >     > post it to this list.
        >     > Here's the link:
        >     >
        >     http://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/why-we-occupied-the-world-social-forum/
        >     >
        >     > Marisa
        >     >
        >     >
        >     > --
        >     > Archive:
        >     >
        >     http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366741132281
        >     > To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
        >     > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@...
        >     <mailto:2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@...>.
        >      Please contact
        >     > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@...
        >     <mailto:2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@...> for
        >     questions.
        >     >

        >     --
        >     Archive:
        >     http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366751417663
        >      Please contact
        >     2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@...
        >     <mailto:2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@...> for
        >     questions.
        >

        > --
        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[...]/1366824332383
        > <http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366824332383>
        > for questions.

        • global may 2013 from madrid

          from mariangela on Apr 25, 2013 04:14 PM
          May 2013 call for a Global May

          Dear comrades,
          We  are writing from Spain to inform the International Network of   activists that we are starting the process to put together a Global May   for 2013.
          As you know, the revolution in Europe burst 2 years ago on May 15th in Spain (video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrqcch6Ie0c)
          A  group of activists have been meeting lately, in order to organize   actions starting on the 1st of May (MayDay) like demonstrations,   assemblies, workshops, conferences, flashmobs and open spaces in the   squares of our ciites.
          We  think that it would be just great to take this opportunity to get   connected through these actions all over the planet and to work  together  building this Global May 2013.
          We offer you the following form, we want to collect proposals of actions on May 2013 from your countries
          https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qhZe-_vHJDV5HfoCIjljxgy15XUrSPGvl9goYhOOhbA/viewform
          To see the proposals we have till now
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsuvdFA9Xyx7dEhNeWlDcFM3QXJOekhfMHJGUUVCc0E&usp=sharing#gid=0
          Please  help us spreading the idea and let us know how we can together  make a  real synergy between your local actions and plans with the rest  of the  movement’s actions everywhere else.
          If we manage once more to make a global event in May, this will help us reinfircing the global movement that we have.
          contact: tomamadrid15m@...

          http://madrid.tomalaplaza.net/2013/04/15/call-global-may-2013/
          http://www.global-square.net/call-global-may-2013/
          May 2013 Madrid, Spain

          PROGRAMA GENERAL  (actualizado al 21 de abril 2013)

          "Marea azul" (Blue wave) collecting signature for the European Citizen initiative for public water All Europe participating:
          http://www.right2water.eu/  right to water sign now

          Action fiscal objeción fiscal y move your money from the bank
          http://desobedienciaeconomica.blogspot.com.es/
          mail to: madrid-legazpi@...

          MAY DAY after the demos  work, precarety, new forms of explotation, alternatives in plaza dos de mayo
          there will be three different demos
          1. radical alternative TUs (CGT, unite block, .... )
          2. Our problem is to obbey (CNT)
          3. Traditional TU (CCOO y UGT)

          2nd may: MULTICOLOR day (united waves) in plaza dos de mayo

          5 to 12th May  selfmanaged popular referendum on  Public health system
          http://consultaporlasanidad.org/
          consultaporlasanidad@...
          http://www.facebook.com/events/129388893914003/
          Universal health system for all! together we can! We decide!

          9th may “BlockingBankia” http://toqueabankia.net/

          10th to 11th Mayo: actions to see what we have done:
          Culture, Health organiza a night in white pigiamas in the streets, right to houses, democracy,
          we could live without a army,  education, work and precarity

          11th may: Red por la Dignidad de los Barrios y Pueblos de Madrid:
          alternative citizen assembly in front of the municipality of Madrid. yes we can!

          11th to 19th may: in Eko 15M Exibition of banners, leaflets, fotos and videos

          12th May demo  : from Indignation to revolt: Scratch the system
          5 pm from Plaza de España, Colón, Atocha to SOL
          20:00 in SOL GRITO MUDO (silent collective shout)

          12th May  Take your square   8pm
          In different squares around Sol assemblies on: expierences, what we like what we want, what's uniting us, struggles. Final assembly on the 15th of may 7,30 pm in Sol

          14th may  integral revolution square:  8pm in Sol selfmanaged way out of capitalism www.derechoderebelion.net

          15th May: San Isidro Indignado, ¡Taketheriver!

          15th May 11,30 am in Sol: Soltheatre presents the war of images

          15th May Final assembly of the 12th takethesquaresassembly 7,30 pm in Sol

           THE SQUARES

          Justice citicen tribunal : Plaza del Carmen 18th May
          Contacto: tribunalciudadanodejusticia@...

          Social movements square organized by Madrid social Forum Opera 5:30 pm 18th May
          4 workshops:
          1)  For what do we need to network at local, national and international level
          2)  learn from expieriences: existing networks and united platforms
          3) Resistence and difficulties in order to unite struggles
          4) Thinking about the future
          8 pm: final general assembly
          http://www.fsmmadrid.org/web2/
          mailto: comunicacion@...

          Work and selforganization in Descalzas   12 am -8 pm 18th May
           http://titanpad.com/15M13PzEmpleo

          Education/green wave in plaza mayor  18th May
          mailto: educult.acampada.sol@...

           Finance square:  Sol and Plaza del Carmen  18th and 19th May
          12h: fiscal fraude, fiscal paradises, alternatives
          mail to: acampadasol.economia@...

          Enviroment square: Plaza del Carmen   18th and 19th May
          Proyects and actions
          mailto: medioambientesol@...

           No violent actions square       18th and 19th May
          We don't need an army, fiscal objection to debt, army, church and monarchy, civil disobbedience and no violent directaction

          People square  19th May Pontejos
          Chiapas y Guatemala, yo soy 132 de Mexico, network for Palestine, Sahara, T'Harrek Tunisia, Brazil, Cuba, Perú, Colombia
          People and struggle presentation and workshop on:  international brigade and boicot actions, Freedom of movement, migracionand universal rights, media and alternatives in global international network, expiriences of Takethesquare, Agora 99,   GlobalSquare  en Florencia y Tunéz, Blockupy, via 22, think global act locallly, alternatives to the the actual economical and political system, music and exibitions
          mail to: politicainternacional15m@...
          http://titanpad.com/plazadelospueblos19M

          Health square 19th May Plaza Mayor  white wave
          change of the model: from public to the apertheid system
          against privatization: struggle and disobedience

          19th May:  theatre Ópera Bufa in Tabacalera 18h y 20h
          contacto: mailto:solfonica@...

          MACROASSEMBLIES IN SOL

          25th MAY  peoples assemblies in SOL

          26th MAY 6pm  Extraordinary general assembly in Sol

  • Re: occupying the wsf article on WNV

    from VIA22 on Apr 25, 2013 05:39 PM
    Nice job Marisa! I'm spreading also :)

    Carminda

    On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Marisa Holmes <marisaholmes@...>wrote:

    > Hey everyone,
    > I think most of you have seen it by now, but in any case I thought I
    > should post it to this list.
    > Here's the link:
    > http://wagingnonviolence.org/feature/why-we-occupied-the-world-social-forum/
    >
    > Marisa