• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • mumble meeting on the next WSF

    from vica on Apr 24, 2013 03:19 PM
    Dear all,
    the doodle for "how to engage with the process for organising the next WSF?" has shown a clear preference for Friday the 3rd of May.
    http://doodle.com/hxh5k2r6pitmnz7p
    So hope that it's ok that we set it to that date, at 7pm UK time, 8pm continental Europe time.
    I think it would be good to write up an invitation for it.
    Unfortunately I don't think I can do it until Sunday, so if anyone else would like to do it before, please go ahead, if not, I will do it at the weekend.
    Looking forward to this chat, could be quite interesting.
    Vica

    p.s.
    Can't find the link to the pad, maybe someone can post it to this list again. Thanks!

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: mumble meeting on the next WSF

    from shawn on Apr 24, 2013 04:57 PM
    Thank you, Vica, for anchoring the meeting organization! This is so essential :)

    I'd like to help start us off with a few things:

    I've created the pad, for this meeting, which has the format pasted in from last meeting, with dates adjusted.
    This also serves as the multi-language invitation text which can be sent out to people who we'd like to participate, which I think is the whole world!
    [Still needs to be translated into Arabic, Italian, Greek, and German, + any other languages we'd like to invite people with.]
    http://titanpad.com/globalsquare11

    I'd like to introduce two things for discussion as we go towards the next meeting, until which we have 9 days--

    • Last week's meeting had quite a good attendance, but I think we can do much better.
    I'd like to see us all reach out to our networks - which I'm sure would go a long way - to diffuse the message and get people excited to participate in
    these meetings. With all the many global projects we've seen across the squares movements, few of them really caught on, and I think this one is open
    as a neutral space for ideas to come into it and be shared.
    • I would submit that if we're going to discuss the future of the World Social Forum, we first need to discuss who we are, then the WSF/IC as it currently exists, and then the WSF/IC / WSF/IC as we envision it could be, then steps to engage it / work around it. This could hypothetically serve as a blueprint for discussion that would perhaps be useful at this moment, but perhaps also more discussion would be the best thing at this stage. Thoughts?

    I look forward to the meeting; I will also be online regularly, and extend an open invitation to you all to get in touch with me to chat informally any time!

    Skype: shawn.carrie
    gChat: occupyshawn@...
    XMPP: shawn@...

    P.S. What do people think of having a #globalsquare IRC channel? :D

    ⨳
    Shawn Carrié
    occupywallst.org (http://occupywallst.org)  |  t (http://bit.ly/owstw)  |   fb (http://bit.ly/owsfb)  |  g+ (http://bit.ly/owsGplus)  |  t (http://bit.ly/owstumblr)  |  yt (http://bit.ly/owsyt)  |  li (http://bit.ly/owslinkedin)  |  R (http://bit.ly/owsreddit)  |

    On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Vica wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > the doodle for "how to engage with the process for organising the next WSF?" has shown a clear preference for Friday the 3rd of May.
    > http://doodle.com/hxh5k2r6pitmnz7p
    > So hope that it's ok that we set it to that date, at 7pm UK time, 8pm continental Europe time.
    > I think it would be good to write up an invitation for it.
    > Unfortunately I don't think I can do it until Sunday, so if anyone else would like to do it before, please go ahead, if not, I will do it at the weekend.
    > Looking forward to this chat, could be quite interesting.
    > Vica
    >
    > p.s.
    > Can't find the link to the pad, maybe someone can post it to this list again. Thanks!
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1366816757898 (http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/04/1366816757898)

    • Re: mumble meeting on the next WSF

      from Jasper on Apr 24, 2013 05:16 PM
      Hi Shawn and all,
      This was the pad Vica created: http://titanpad.com/Cc2DXOM7vW
      A good discussion started there already.
      But we can use both pads of course
      grts jasper