• 2011movements-fsm discussion

Report from Turkey and international mobilisations

de parte de Orsan Senalp on 2013-06-01 16:29
Report from Turkey: A Taste of Tahrir at Taksim | The
Bullet<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/report-from-turkey-a-taste-of-tahrir-at-taksim-the-bullet/>

by Sungur Savran

Istanbul has become a battlefield covered by tear gas. The police, no doubt
at the behest of the Prime Minister Tayyip
Erdogan<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayyip_Erdogan> and
his AKP government, have been attacking protestors in the centre of the
city, near Taksim Square, for five consecutive days. This would have been
no news at all: Turkish police are famous for their brutality in dealing
with demonstrations unwelcome to the government. Only a month ago, on May
Day, they had dispersed a gathering of thousands of workers and unionists using
tear gas<http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/05/20135182126152671.html>unsparingly.
So nothing new on the police front. This time is different for another
reason.

[Source: occupygezipics.tumblr.com]

Continue reading
→<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/report-from-turkey-a-taste-of-tahrir-at-taksim-the-bullet/#more-4483>

http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/report-from-turkey-a-taste-of-tahrir-at-taksim-the-bullet/#more-4483

Networked Uprisings | Protests around the world on the 1st of June, 2013,
and how it’s all
connected<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/networked-uprisings-protests-around-the-world-on-the-1st-of-june-2013-and-how-its-all-connected/>

*by Jasper Teunissen*

Of course I don’t have to explain to you why people are rising up today.
Even Wolfgang Schäuble, German finance minister, knows:

Warning of “catastrophe,” Schäuble said, “We need to be more successful in
our fight against youth unemployment; otherwise, we will lose the battle
for Europe’s unity.”* **Reuters* reports: While Germany insists on the
importance of budget consolidation, Schaeuble spoke of the need to preserve
Europe’s welfare model. If U.S. welfare standards were introduced in
Europe, “we would have revolution, not tomorrow, but on the very same day,”
Schaeuble told a conference in Paris. (Common
Dreams<http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6> /
29-5-13)

Deep down inside he knows that the wealth of the world belongs to us all.
So his fear is deserved. He doesn’t even know the magnitude and beauty of
what he is afraid of.

The date of #J1 has been circulating for months already. The
Blockupy<http://blockupy-frankfurt.org/> protests,
a second attempt to close down the European Central Bank in Frankfurt, were
announced long time ago. In Spain a new wave of Marea
Ciudadana<http://mareaciudadana.blogspot.com.es/> is
planned for today, while Portugal will stage a new round of Fuck the
Troika<http://queselixeatroika15setembro.blogspot.pt/> protests,
in the United States people will reoccupy Zucotti
Park<http://www.occupyhomecoming.net/>today.
The ongoing escalation <https://www.rebelmouse.com/OccupyGezi/> in Turkey
fits perfectly: it has been boiling there for decades, and now the hearts
of the people are all opening up, releasing all the pain and anger, making
space to fill it with fresh blood and passion for life.

Continue reading
→<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/networked-uprisings-protests-around-the-world-on-the-1st-of-june-2013-and-how-its-all-connected/#more-4480>

On 1 June 2013 10:06, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=478299292250031&set=a.478299275583366.1073743145.185831234830173&type=1&relevant_count=1
>

> follow Turkish Revolution on:
>
> http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/
>
> https://www.rebelmouse.com/OccupyGezi/
>
> Twitter:
>
> https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DirenGeziParki&src=hash
>
> https://twitter.com/search?q=occupygezi&src=typd
>
> Lvestream:http://www.livestream.com/revoltistanbul

Regresar a vista por datas: Filado ou plano