• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Parklarbizim Forum

    from davidgabriel on Jun 19, 2013 08:40 AM
    Yesterday night, forums took place in various park of Istanbul
    (#parklarbizim)
    maybe we could share ressources about "popular assembly" experiences from
    occupy movement to support this  kind of action,

    in solidarity
    dg,

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

    from David Leal Garcia on Jun 19, 2013 08:56 AM
    yes! what kind of popular assembly methods?
    I was thinking of Open space tecnhology, a large group method
    you may know about which solves radically the problems with big numbers and
    great diversity of the general assembly...
    how can we move on this conversation with the TUrkish comrades? this is
    great news indeed :-)
    cheers,
    David

    2013/6/19 <david-gabriel@...>

    > Yesterday night, forums took place in various park of Istanbul
    > (#parklarbizim)
    > maybe we could share ressources about "popular assembly" experiences from
    > occupy movement to support this  kind of action,
    >
    > in solidarity
    > dg,
    >

    > --
    > Archive:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371631250556

    • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

      from Mikifus on Jun 19, 2013 12:52 PM
      http://www.howtooccupy.org/

      In few weeks we hope to have a book as manual for alternative media, social
      network organization, tools, methodology, etc. keyname "Be the Media".

      2013/6/19 David Leal Garcia <davidleal.garcia@...>

      > yes! what kind of popular assembly methods?
      > I was thinking of Open space tecnhology, a large group method
      > you may know about which solves radically the problems with big numbers
      > and great diversity of the general assembly...
      > how can we move on this conversation with the TUrkish comrades? this is
      > great news indeed :-)
      > cheers,
      > David
      >

      > 2013/6/19 <david-gabriel@...>
      >

      >> Yesterday night, forums took place in various park of Istanbul
      >> (#parklarbizim)
      >> maybe we could share ressources about "popular assembly" experiences from
      >> occupy movement to support this  kind of action,
      >>
      >> in solidarity
      >> dg,
      >>

      >> --
      >> Archive:
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371631250556

      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1371632219802<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371632219802>

  • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

    from T_indignadx on Jun 19, 2013 01:19 PM
    Hello
    I am also hoping ot have closer contact with them, some have joined the
    Occuoy Eurpe FB group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/287229027955686/?fref=ts

    Here we have more resources:
    NYC GENERAL ASSEMBLY leaflet with HAND GESTURES
    http://peopleslibrary.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/occupy.pdf

    BTW look what I found!!
    http://occupywallst.org/media/OccupyWallSt-Orientation-Guide.pdf I am about
    to cry tears of nostalgia and also joy

    Occupy Denver General Assembly Facilitation Booklet
    2012
    http://occupydenver.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Facilitation-Workshop.pdf

    Tutorial for Effective Occupy General Assemblies
    http://occupyu.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/effective-meetings.pdf

    Regarding future organization of local assemblies:
    Twelve Principles* [suggested only] *of the Occupation
    Movement, either as a whole or for each group, derived
    from the twelve traditions of Alcoholic Anonymous
    NOWDC Social Forum April 3, 2012 very useful
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4827451/Twelve%20Principles.pdf

    I believe we are following this last one (those transparent an horizontal
    assemblies at least), even though we did know!!

    On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM, <david-gabriel@...> wrote:

    > Yesterday night, forums took place in various park of Istanbul
    > (#parklarbizim)
    > maybe we could share ressources about "popular assembly" experiences from
    > occupy movement to support this  kind of action,
    >
    > in solidarity
    > dg,
    >

    > --
    > Archive:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371631250556

    • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

      from T_indignadx on Jun 19, 2013 01:23 PM
      OH!
      I almost forgot these 2 that are really important:
      *Occupy The Economy Organizer Handbook *
      http://www.occupylv.org/sites/default/files/Occupy%20The%20Economy%20Organizer%20Handbook%20-%20occupytheeconomy.pdf

      and *Attitudes that should be avoided within our movement, at assemblies
      and work Groups*
      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7rG_OtNW-8pdHY3M2ZEZlZha0k/edit?usp=sharing

      Now for mumble meetigs using Open Space format: open space in mumble |
      Etherpad Lite <https://notes.occupy.net/p/open_space_in_mumble>

      Cheers,
      On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Dr. TR. Rojas-D <ternuros@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > I am also hoping ot have closer contact with them, some have joined the
      > Occuoy Eurpe FB group
      > https://www.facebook.com/groups/287229027955686/?fref=ts
      >
      > Here we have more resources:
      > NYC GENERAL ASSEMBLY leaflet with HAND GESTURES
      > http://peopleslibrary.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/occupy.pdf
      >
      > BTW look what I found!!
      > http://occupywallst.org/media/OccupyWallSt-Orientation-Guide.pdf I am
      > about to cry tears of nostalgia and also joy
      >
      > Occupy Denver General Assembly Facilitation Booklet
      > 2012
      > http://occupydenver.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Facilitation-Workshop.pdf
      >
      > Tutorial for Effective Occupy General Assemblies
      >
      > http://occupyu.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/effective-meetings.pdf
      >
      > Regarding future organization of local assemblies:
      > Twelve Principles* [suggested only] *of the Occupation
      > Movement, either as a whole or for each group, derived
      > from the twelve traditions of Alcoholic Anonymous
      > NOWDC Social Forum April 3, 2012 very useful
      > http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4827451/Twelve%20Principles.pdf
      >
      > I believe we are following this last one (those transparent an horizontal
      > assemblies at least), even though we did know!!
      >

      > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM, <david-gabriel@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Yesterday night, forums took place in various park of Istanbul
      >> (#parklarbizim)
      >> maybe we could share ressources about "popular assembly" experiences from
      >> occupy movement to support this  kind of action,
      >>
      >> in solidarity
      >> dg,
      >>

      >> --
      >> Archive:
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371631250556

      • Parklarbizim Forum

        from serkanba on Jun 19, 2013 02:40 PM
        dear friends

        thank you all for this great resources. after two days of park assemblies
        much more solid ideas have started to emerge. i guess these kind of
        materials will be very helpful.

        best

        Serkan

        19 Haziran 2013 Çarşamba tarihinde Dr. TR. Rojas-D <ternuros@...>

        2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@....  Please contact
        2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for questions.

        > --
        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[...]/1371648230608
        2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@.... Please contact
        2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for questions.

        • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

          from marknbarrett@... on Jun 19, 2013 02:53 PM
          Salaams All

          Are there any English language statements or links to what the park assemblies decided or discussed?

          Best wishes

          Mark
          Sent from phone

          adlı kullanıcı şöyle yazdı:
          > OH!
          > I almost forgot these 2 that are really important:
          > Occupy The Economy Organizer Handbook

          http://www.occupylv.org/sites/default/files/Occupy%20The%20Economy%20Organizer%20Handbook%20-%20occupytheeconomy.pdf
          > and Attitudes that should be avoided within our movement, at assemblies
          and work Groups

          https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7rG_OtNW-8pdHY3M2ZEZlZha0k/edit?usp=sharing
          > Now for mumble meetigs using Open Space format: open space in mumble |
          Etherpad Lite
          > Cheers,
          > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Dr. TR. Rojas-D <ternuros@...>
          wrote:

          >> Hello
          >> I am also hoping ot have closer contact with them, some have joined the
          Occuoy Eurpe FB group
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/287229027955686/?fref=ts
          >> Here we have more resources:
          >> NYC GENERAL ASSEMBLY leaflet with HAND GESTURES
          http://peopleslibrary.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/occupy.pdf
          >> BTW look what I found!!
          http://occupywallst.org/media/OccupyWallSt-Orientation-Guide.pdf I am about
          to cry tears of nostalgia and also joy
          >> Occupy Denver General Assembly Facilitation Booklet
          >> 2012
          http://occupydenver.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Facilitation-Workshop.pdf
          >> Tutorial for Effective Occupy General Assemblies

          http://occupyu.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/effective-meetings.pdf
          >> Regarding future organization of local assemblies:
          >> Twelve Principles [suggested only] of the Occupation
          >> Movement, either as a whole or for each group, derived
          >> from the twelve traditions of Alcoholic Anonymous
          >> NOWDC Social Forum April 3, 2012 very useful
          http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4827451/Twelve%20Principles.pdf
          >> I believe we are following this last one (those transparent an
          horizontal assemblies at least), even though we did know!!

          >> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM, <david-gabriel@...> wrote:
          >>>
          >>> Yesterday night, forums took place in various park of Istanbul
          >>> (#parklarbizim)
          >>> maybe we could share ressources about "popular assembly" experiences
          from
          >>> occupy movement to support this  kind of action,
          >>>
          >>> in solidarity
          >>> dg,
          >>>

          >>> --
          >>> Archive:
          http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371631250556
          2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@....  Please contact
          2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for questions.

          > --
          > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[...]/1371648230608
          2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@.... Please contact
          2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for questions.

          --
          Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/06/1371652833529

          • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

            from Mikifus on Jun 19, 2013 02:59 PM
            Yo can find documents translated to Spanish in here:
            https://www.facebook.com/CentrodeMediosIndependientesdeAsturias/notes
            http://occupy-gezi-info.blogspot.com/

            2013/6/19 <marknbarrett@...>

> [...]
            > http://occupywallst.org/media/OccupyWallSt-Orientation-Guide.pdf I am
            > about to cry tears of nostalgia and also joy
            > >> Occupy Denver General Assembly Facilitation Booklet
            > >> 2012
            > http://occupydenver.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Facilitation-Workshop.pdf
            > >> Tutorial for Effective Occupy General Assemblies
            > >>
            > http://occupyu.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/effective-meetings.pdf
            > >> Regarding future organization of local assemblies:
            > >> Twelve Principles [suggested only] of the Occupation
            > >> Movement, either as a whole or for each group, derived
            > >> from the twelve traditions of Alcoholic Anonymous
            > >> NOWDC Social Forum April 3, 2012 very useful
            > http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4827451/Twelve%20Principles.pdf
            > >> I believe we are following this last one (those transparent an
            > horizontal assemblies at least), even though we did know!!

            • Re: Parklarbizim Forum

              from marknbarrett@... on Jun 19, 2013 03:16 PM
              Gracias y abrazos :)
              Sent from phone