• 2011movements-fsm discussion

Re: Proposal x people connected in global square

de la part de Chapullers OrsanS on 01/01/2014 14:51
Hi Mark, Rami and Marita, thanks for the responses and feed backs.

First as reply to Mark, I think after three years of picking up a date
to mobilise globally to demand of for- the new forms of transnational
democratic governance we have experienced emough abour the limitations
of that kind of work. Mostly it was about messy months and weeks of
actions with not many people joining. Instead of repeating that
experience it might be a high time to build real and continuous ties
-on a more solid base for not vertical and hierarchical but open,
egalitarian and horizontal- for and between spaces of skill exchange,
learning and decision making. This would mean actually building and
linking those new model direct democracy at local, national, regional
and international levels. Now probably the urgent need is not to have
a date for mobilisation for that but actually creating larger global
open and hoizontal space to nit stronger ties among existing ones. I
agree Marita, Agora99, Hub  meetings, Blockupy, WSF we have gained a
massive experience, yet they limited with Europe. So as response to
you:
Global Square ideas both p2p software -Heather, Pedro, Jerome and
other comrades involved, and grounded one we experienced both were
very good and invaluable in terms of linking European and
non-Eureopan. Also helped a lot to make ties among examples so both
GSs were about building links between the actual experiences on such
new model democracies. Yet all involved in second GS, expressed that
it was about wsf 2013 and nothing more, and it full filled its
mission. Although there were repeated invitations (by you) not many
people responded positively.
And Rami, I see you understand this is about WSF in Tunis, and I agree
that it was and is diffcult to transform WSF from inside towards more
horizontal entity is extremely energy spending, difficult but yet
worthy. Because of the points I mention below I believe that it might
be very helpful to create an independent space (a fork -another WSF)
base on only our experineces and networks would be much more helpful
for WSF to transform itself as well. As I said the invitation for the
19th, can be rewritten from the scratch, we could decide to move
further as Global Square, so nothing is decided. There were several
reasons why this initiative appeared as it is.

 - There is no WSF this year, Tunis will be in 2015 and Quebec is 2016.
 -There will be USSF and looks like will be more open and horizontal
so can be engaged with but it is end of the year.
 - Looking at what has been happening around NSA, Prism, Sonowden, but
also Egypt, Turkey, Syria,.. one can see that the inter elite struggle
is getting more violent and fierce we might not have chance to even
see 2015 and 2016.
- there is also a very good anonymous call for worldwide wave of
actions (#www), that very much sounds like human waves in Spain, so
could resonate and create a large scale vision to actually link all
autonomous actions and mobilisations as worldwide human waves, then we
need to think of where those waves will lead. Either October 15, or
November 5 in form of Marea Grande
- That's why we need to start as soon as possible at least to give our
2011-2013 experience more concrete form as internationally connected
squares, assemblies (or forums - Marita term forum is used instead of
assembly that was the reason it is not mentioned but it is all about
assembly-forum of individuals)
- WrEF name comes from the 'open space forums'  for world revolution'
we did after Gezi and Brazil, having direct reference to revolutionary
(and evolutionary) stand more obvious, instead of reference to
'social' alone as WSF, WrEF sounds better I believe.
As for moving forward as 'Global Square' and working on
horizontalizing WSF, we might talk about it and decide individually on
this together as well as all other points and ides I believe. I am not
so hopefully about the as Rami. Yet this work if succeed will
definitely make a bigger impact on WSF to brake its barriers from
inside I believe.
- WrEF name is also about to re-confront the WEF in Davos, which was
actually how WSF started but this tradition is left on the way.
- about the parties, I agree with you so we might not mention at all
just say any type of organisations.

So If you are OK I would take out the party term from the text, but
for the moment in terms of limited time and timing about the WEF, I
would keep it as WrEF, instead of GlobalSquare. In case people who
would join the call want to discuss and agrees on, we would of course
re-frame and re-name it.

what do you think?
Orsan

On 1 January 2014 13:16, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:
> I do support the idea of working together for an horizontal WSF in tunis
> we dont need a new platform to do that
> mariangela
>

> El 31/12/2013, a las 20:45, Rami Brahem escribió:
>
>> Hello comrades,
>>
>> As you know the next WSF will happen in Tunis, and i really hope to see all of you coming back for the event so that we can all catch out.
>>
>> Making the WSF horizontal though is something that would be just amazing.
>> What fears me is that the last time we spent energy trying to make the local organisation more horizontal before the event, it was more or less a wasted energy that ended ups that we were being attacked as an organisation in Tunis by several people who saw their interest being menaced.
>>
>> By now, i'd support & participate as much i can on such actions & calls, and i'm available on 6 January.
>> It would be entirely possible to organize horizontal stuff here while the event indeed, but besides, i really have no clue about my participation inside the local organisation in Tunis because the bad experiences that came out the previous time (again, i don't speak about the event but about the efforts we made far before the WSF inside the local organisation).
>>
>> As a side note, the call as you writed it Orsan looks fine to me.
>>
>> Le 31/12/2013 14:00, Chapullers OrsanS a écrit :
>>> Dear Rami, Marita, Mikfus and all,
>>>
>>> There is still silence and no one is taking the initiative. We all are
>>> doing other things and may be waiting for something. Yet, I really
>>> think we have to move so wish to proceed and see what will happen with
>>> the below draft call.
>>>
>>> Of course anyone is more than welcome to contribute and participate,
>>> change, and modify the idea rewrite from the scretch. In case there
>>> comes no response or alternative initiative.
>>>
>>> I would like to launch the event on facebook at the end of this week
>>> at around 6 January. Looking forward to get any feedback and possible
>>> collaboration
>>>
>>> wishing all a rEvolutionary 2014!
>>> Orsan
>>>

>>> World rEvolution Forum - WrEF
>>>
>>> What?
>>> WrEF is a forum that is open to all individuals. It is an idea and
>>> invitation to all to get together and collaborate as individuals
>>> either as part of collectives, groups, unions, parties so on or not,
>>> by using any online and face-to face means and tools in order to link
>>> the plans, activities and actions and build a great waves of good,
>>> oppressed and struggling peoples. The overall aim is to stop and move
>>> beyond the disasterous and elitist political and economic system that
>>> has been destroying the planet and that is rapidly turning into a
>>> global tiranny! The concept is a rEvolutionary fork to World Social
>>> Forum (WSF). So it is about building a space much more social,
>>> inclusive and horizontal than the WSF had been; with open and free
> [...]

Revenir à la vue par date: par fil or A plat