• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Another wsf is possible, via another internet that is possible too! Occupy WSF & Occupy Internet together

    from ÖrsanŞenalp on Mar 24, 2015 09:57 AM
    It is a pity that I can't be there to support and join the work neither to
    realise OccupyWSF (Global Square), nor OccupyInternet spaces.

    Since both ideas and initiatives are quite similar as they both relates
    actual and virtual open spaces for articulation and action (fusing social
    forums and the internet), I believe there can be some form of colaboration
    between the two.

    I like to attempt to create a virtual space to be grounded in Tunis, aslo
    can help to connect some people from these two important initiatives taking
    in coming day; an event on 'How to Occupy: produce, open, share, and
    protect the space collectively'. This would be a transformative
    study-circle,
    to mark a prelaunch of below event. Since we all had spent lots of thought
    and energy on the topic, no need to bring anything else then your memory.

    I would try to connect from the liberated Amsterdam University building, so
    it would allow to have some students and activists who are currently
    engaged in creation, expansion, and protection of a space for participation
    too, in their liberated universities and campuses.

    Don't know what is every one's program but such event can be grounded best
    in Tunis, at the GlobalSqaure space, and opened up on the Internet.

    So proposed to comrades preparing Global Square the below:

    *Universe.city - a global little school, prelaunch and Co-learning circle
    titled:

    'How to Occupy: produce, open, share, and protect the space-time
    collectively'

    There will be 15 min. presentation and status update, and 45 min.

    **Universe.City* is a free and open access platform initiative, empowered
    by GNUnion and others. It allows cooperative learning for individuals and
    groups by connecting spaces, people and projects within and without the
    city(ies). The unconditional empowerment of the disempowered, the excluded,
    and the oppressed, solidarity and cooperation between and within such is
    our motto. Adopting Fereire's pedagogical approach, as well as other
    transformatory, emancipatory perspectives Universe.city strive for
    liberating knowledge at the point of production and distribution from
    alienation, borders, time, and social class domination. Universe.city
    brings together Free / Libre, Open Source Software (FLOSS) resources for
    self-learning, such as free access libraries, torrent depositories, 'How
    To', DIY, and 'DIWO' guides. We try to combine these with 'professionally'
    designed and delivered online, face to face, one to one, one to many, and
    many to many courses, or any other type of educative activities; either
    gratis or provided in a framework of emancipatory cooperative exchange.
    These can be practical and analytical lectures, study circles, trainings,
    workshops, strategy sessions, or otherwise. In a way, all activities serve
    participants, and allow them to contribute to the emergence of a
    cooperative and solidarity economy at the planetary level, and may even
    be.. beyond that ;-)

    When:
    Friday 27 March, 14:00-15:00 (CET)
    Time zone converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

    Where:
    Prelaunch will be grounded in Global Square space in Tunis, WSF 2015
    Spatial coordinates: University of Tunis El Manar, Tunis
    https://www.google.com/maps?ll=36.812363,10.66751&z=10&t=m&hl=nl&gl=TN&mapclient=embed&cid=296010521177257768

    Web: http://tinyurl.com/nkgyk24
    Twitter: @OccupyWSF,  #GlobalSquare
    Email: gnunion@...
    Live stream: Google Hang Out On Air (link will be shared),
    Online classroom: BigBlueButton (guidance for joining the classroom will be
    shared)

    On 22 March 2015 at 22:30, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

    > Dear Norbert,
    >
    > Forwarding your email to friends with whom I am working closely on
    > creating occupy-squares-wsf-internet related open spaces for collaboration
    > and change at, around and beyond the wsf. Some of our friends will be in
    > Tunis and for me and I am guessing for them, as wsf, The Internet is major
    > space to be opened up, occupied, and liberated. So I hope we could
    > synergetically use our networks, creativity and labour, to find a way to
    > collaborate during Tunis.
    >
    > I cc to those I am sure will there and might be interested to get in touch
    > with you! Me too from Holland-and-internet would try to do my best to
    > support anything emerged there.
    >
    > Best, Orsan
    >
    > Begin forwarded message:
    >
    > *From:* Norbert Bollow <nb@...>
    > *Date:* 22 Mar 2015 16:46:55 GMT+1
    > *To:* networkedlabour@...
    > *Cc:* parminder <parminder@...>
    > *Subject:* *[NetworkedLabour] Internet Social Forum initiative*
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanted to make contact and ask whether there is interest among this
    > group in the Internet Social Forum initiative as described on
    > http://internetsocialforum.net/ and in my blog post "The Internet
    > Social Forum and a Vision for Actually Achieving The Internet That We
    > Want" http://sustainability.oriented.systems/isf-vision/ ...
    >
    > What do you think?
    >
    > For those who are in Tunis for the WSF, there is a workshop "Organizing
    > an Internet Social Forum – A Call to Occupy the Internet" 26th March, at
    > Amphi 4, from 15:00 to 17:30 Hrs.
    >
    > This workshop will discuss the need for and modalities of a global
    > Internet Social Forum. We will collaboratively define the Internet we
    > want and how to build it. We will also begin a process to develop a
    > 'People's Internet Manifesto'.
    >
    > The workshop is being organized by the following organizations:
    > ActionAid India; Advocates of Science and Technology for the People;
    > Agencia Latinoamericana de Información; All India Peoples Science
    > Network; Alternative Informatics Association; Arab NGO Network for
    > Development; Association for Proper Internet Governance; Centre for
    > Community Informatics Research, Development and Training; Computer
    > Professionals Union; EUROLINC; Free Press; Free Software Movement of
    > India; Global_Geneva; Instituto del Tercer Mundo; IT for Change; Just
    > Net Coalition; Network Institute for Global Democratization; Open-Root;
    > Other News; P2P Foundation; SFLC.IN; Society for Knowledge Commons;
    > Third World Network.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Norbert
    > co-convenor, Just Net Coalition
    > http://JustNetCoalition.org

  • Re: Another wsf is possible, via another internet that is possible too! Occupy WSF & Occupy Internet together

    from Norbert Bollow on Mar 25, 2015 12:41 PM
    Thanks a lot, Örsan, for initiating this connection!

    We have a discussion email list isf@... (to
    which I have also forwarded your email) for the purpose of taking the
    Internet Social Forum / Occupy the Internet initiative forward.

    Would you and/or others from these related intiatives be interested in
    joining us on that list?

    Greetings,
    Norbert