• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Peer to peer self-evaluating the 2011-2015 golobal uprising

    from Orsan on Nov 02, 2016 01:07 PM
    Was thinking that it would be very nice and useful to put all the google  documents, titan-pirate pads, meeting notes and minutes, call text etc., posters and videos, websites and so on / from all the efforts we had put together between january 2011 until 2016.

     With this feeling I did start to bring such decomnetation, as much as I could remember and find on the net, together.

    This might, I hoped also serve to self re-evaluate and digest what the hell happened in last years :)

    As a bonus we would have a tidy public record of global revolution for future generations.

     In case there would be anyone like to help please email me directly.

    [ps. of course there is no intention to make anything public, at least before eleminating names or other information that would put peoples identities under threat]

    In solidarity,
    Orsan

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Peer to peer self-evaluating the 2011-2015 golobal uprising

    from Sol Trumbo Vila on Nov 02, 2016 01:29 PM
    Merhaba Orsan,

    Long time no see. I hope all is fine with you.

    This sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know how I could collaborate.

    In solidarity,

    Sol

    --
    Sol Trumbo Vila
    Economic Justice, Corporate Power and Alternatives Program

    • Re: Peer to peer self-evaluating the 2011-2015 golobal uprising

      from basstress on Nov 02, 2016 01:50 PM
      Thanks for your message Orsan! I would also like to contribute to this
      effort.

      It would be amazing to also find a moment to speak and give updates about
      what each one of us is doing...

      Looking forward to hearing from many of you!

      Carminda

      Le 2 nov. 2016 8:54 AM, "Sol Trumbo Vila" <soltrumbovila@...> a écrit :

      > Merhaba Orsan,
      >
      > Long time no see. I hope all is fine with you.
      >
      > This sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know how I could collaborate.
      >
      > In solidarity,
      >
      > Sol
      >
      > On 11/02/2016 01:31 PM, Orsan wrote:
      >
      >> Was thinking that it would be very nice and useful to put all the google
      >> documents, titan-pirate pads, meeting notes and minutes, call text etc.,
      >> posters and videos, websites and so on / from all the efforts we had put
      >> together between january 2011 until 2016.
      >>
      >>   With this feeling I did start to bring such decomnetation, as much as I
      >> could remember and find on the net, together.
      >>
      >> This might, I hoped also serve to self re-evaluate and digest what the
      >> hell happened in last years :)
      >>
      >> As a bonus we would have a tidy public record of global revolution for
      >> future generations.
      >>
      >>   In case there would be anyone like to help please email me directly.
      >>
      >> [ps. of course there is no intention to make anything public, at least
      >> before eleminating names or other information that would put peoples
      >> identities under threat]
      >>   In solidarity,
      >> Orsan
      >>
      >> --
      >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011
      >> movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478092033490
      >>

      > --
      > Sol Trumbo Vila
      > Economic Justice, Corporate Power and Alternatives Program
      > Transnational Institute (TNI)
      > soltrumbovila@... - Twitter: @Soltrumbo
      > +31 20 662 66 08
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011
      > movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478093355427

    • Re: Peer to peer self-evaluating the 2011-2015 golobal uprising

      from Orsan on Nov 02, 2016 06:25 PM
      Merhaba Sol :)

      It is simply about putting together; documents saved in our own computers, as well as the online (links of) material like titan-ether-Google pads, YouTube Vimeo, live stream videos, collective texts, posters, websites produced and used while And in order to organize actions, event, and activities (from early 2011 to today). So if you could gather things you have somewhere either in an ordered way, or just without an order, and share them with me, that would be fantastic.

      Best,
      Orsan

      > On 2 Nov 2016, at 13:54, Sol Trumbo Vila <soltrumbovila@...> wrote:
      >
      > Merhaba Orsan,
      >
      > Long time no see. I hope all is fine with you.
      >
      > This sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know how I could collaborate.
      >
      > In solidarity,
      >
      > Sol
      >
      >> On 11/02/2016 01:31 PM, Orsan wrote:
      >> Was thinking that it would be very nice and useful to put all the google  documents, titan-pirate pads, meeting notes and minutes, call text etc., posters and videos, websites and so on / from all the efforts we had put together between january 2011 until 2016.
      >>
      >>  With this feeling I did start to bring such decomnetation, as much as I could remember and find on the net, together.
      >>
      >> This might, I hoped also serve to self re-evaluate and digest what the hell happened in last years :)
      >>
      >> As a bonus we would have a tidy public record of global revolution for future generations.
      >>
      >>  In case there would be anyone like to help please email me directly.
      >>
      >> [ps. of course there is no intention to make anything public, at least before eleminating names or other information that would put peoples identities under threat]
      >>  In solidarity,
      >> Orsan
      >>
      >> --
      >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478092033490
      >>

      > --
      > Sol Trumbo Vila
      > Economic Justice, Corporate Power and Alternatives Program
      > Transnational Institute (TNI)
      > soltrumbovila@... - Twitter: @Soltrumbo
      > +31 20 662 66 08
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478093355427

      • Re: Peer to peer self-evaluating the 2011-2015 golobal uprising

        from Mikifus on Nov 04, 2016 06:11 PM
        I can contribute to this, I've some files around. Let me know how you're
        going to proceed.

        > Merhaba Sol :)
        >
        > It is simply about putting together; documents saved in our own computers,
        > as well as the online (links of) material like titan-ether-Google pads,
        > YouTube Vimeo, live stream videos, collective texts, posters, websites
        > produced and used while And in order to organize actions, event, and
        > activities (from early 2011 to today). So if you could gather things you
        > have somewhere either in an ordered way, or just without an order, and
        > share them with me, that would be fantastic.
        >
        > Best,
        > Orsan
        >

        > > On 2 Nov 2016, at 13:54, Sol Trumbo Vila <soltrumbovila@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Merhaba Orsan,
        > >
        > > Long time no see. I hope all is fine with you.
        > >
        > > This sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know how I could
        > collaborate.
        > >
        > > In solidarity,
        > >
        > > Sol
        > >
        > >> On 11/02/2016 01:31 PM, Orsan wrote:
        > >> Was thinking that it would be very nice and useful to put all the
        > google  documents, titan-pirate pads, meeting notes and minutes, call text
        > etc., posters and videos, websites and so on / from all the efforts we had
        > put together between january 2011 until 2016.
        > >>
        > >>  With this feeling I did start to bring such decomnetation, as much as
        > I could remember and find on the net, together.
        > >>
        > >> This might, I hoped also serve to self re-evaluate and digest what the
        > hell happened in last years :)
        > >>
        > >> As a bonus we would have a tidy public record of global revolution for
        > future generations.
        > >>
        > >>  In case there would be anyone like to help please email me directly.
        > >>
        > >> [ps. of course there is no intention to make anything public, at least
        > before eleminating names or other information that would put peoples
        > identities under threat]
        > >>  In solidarity,
        > >> Orsan
        > >>
        > >> --
        > >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478092033490
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@....  Please contact
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for questions.
        > >>

        > > --
        > > Sol Trumbo Vila
        > > Economic Justice, Corporate Power and Alternatives Program
        > > Transnational Institute (TNI)
        > > soltrumbovila@... - Twitter: @Soltrumbo
        > > +31 20 662 66 08
        > >

        > > --
        > > Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478093355427
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@....  Please contact
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for questions.
        > >

        > --
        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/
        > 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1478111156331

      • Re: Peer to peer self-evaluating the 2011-2015 golobal uprising

        from Alan Blanes on Dec 08, 2016 04:27 AM
        Hi Orsan, Carminda, Sol, Mikifus, Pierre all all the others who were active
        from the beginning:

        The Occupy Movement and the OPEN FSM project were reactions against
        structural violence that became clear in the displacement of democratic,
        common law of contract, and protection by all laws under the criminal code
        as well as other outrages that became evident when self regulation and
        de-regulation of investment law became rampant. The slide toward impunity
        for racketeering became more and more documented. I have provided evidence
        in the submissions attached that the Ombudsman on Banking Services and
        Investment as well as the Canadian Securities Administrators  [CSA] have
        performed public consultations this year, where documentary evidence of
        unlawful practices have been responded to by impunity policies - typically
        called "regulatory capture".

        Since my last communications with Occupy and Open FSM, I have been looking
        at the possibility of a network of legal clinics that would be founded
        under the goal of acculturating in society the principles of the Universal
        Declaration of Human Rights and the Covenant on Economic, Social and
        Cultural Rights. This is only possible if there is a partnership between
        the Indigenous Peoples and those groups that take a critical approach to
        the falsity of colonial investment law.

        I have sent a letter to Trade Justice Alliance on this idea, and I am
        sharing it with Open FSM here:

        *Re: A Proposed Network of Legal Clinics across North America that would be
        founded on the Goal of Acculturating the Universal Declaration of Human
        Rights [UDHR] *Thank you very much for mentioning the NYC Society for
        Ethical Culture on yesterday's TPP call. As you know, I feel that the most
        strategic tool that I feel we could create in order to abolish the whole
        lawless neo-liberal adventure, would be to - after 68 years - begin to
        adopt the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights into the
        way structural violence and systemic corruption are fought.

        I come at this from years of researching predatory abuse of seniors by
        investment dealers who are being allowed to use deceptive practices to
        separate elderly clients from their savings. The main observations that I
        have gleaned from the past nine years of dealing with all levels of
        regulators and the courts, is that short-term profit seeking is accorded
        more protection in law than does the right to being protected by the common
        law of contract and the criminal code rules against deceptive dealing.

        *The Benefits of Adopting the UDHR and the Covenant on Economic, Social and
        Cultural Rights at the Community Level*Some of the ideas in the UDHR (1948)
        and its subsequent Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (1966)
        would create a revolutionary improvement in the procedures that would be
        conducive to social solidarity and an assurance that the rights of everyone
        can be acknowledged. We might get a network of contact groups that could
        take  critical approach to the system of resources that exist at present
        that are set up more to narrow target populations based on a misguided
        triage model, and  to buck-pass, rather than deal with everyone as though
        there is a duty to the community to ensure that everyone's rights are
        protected. This principle found in Article 29 of the UDHR would transform
        the way people are served when they have a grievance.

        Instead of weeding out people who have above rock bottom income, as
        potential clients, the UDHR adherent legal clinic would tell the person who
        comes in with a grievance that they need help with, that person would be
        told: "We will help get your issue formatted so that it may be dealt with
        administratively, and we will identify the areas of public governance that
        have direct or indirect jurisdiction - and we will find out how to create a
        team among these agencies - and independent expertise agencies - that can
        take hold of finding a solution to you problem in the context of common law
        of contract, and criminal code rules."

        The proposed network that is envisioned would enable a direct link between
        groups that are dealing with the problems associated with systemic
        de-humanization associated with problems that involve deregulated
        governance that has no capacity to face criminal abuses of persons - and
        where having to resort to litigation can be demonstrated to be totally
        inappropriate due costs of going to court being multiple times more
        expensive than the case law would allow for awards to the plaintiff. This
        kind of situation creates a situation where impunity for perpetrators of
        dishonest dealing becomes entrenched. If examples of this kind of
        de-humanization were to be gathered up and taken to the Economic and Social
        Council in Geneva, the evidence of inadequate governance could be
        documented and rulings made. This would create a situation where political
        structures could no longer claim "lack of jurisdiction".

        I appreciate your forwarding this, Adam, and I would be very interested in
        seeing how such a network could take  shape. It would remove the phenomenon
        of having to put a price on justice - and it would enable the human race to
        at long last put into effect the kinds of cultural processes that would
        immunize civilization from a repeat of the barbarism that occurred during
        WWII. We need to remember that the UDHR was drafted over a three year
        period as a response to the institutionalized violence that was rampant
        during the war. The fact that there has been no implementation of the
        rights to self determination from the UDHR and its Covenants is an area
        that still demands to be implemented.

         http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

        http://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInterest/Pages/CESCR.aspx

        The above links are for (1) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and
        (2) The Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.

        I look forward to communicating with the NYC Grassroots Alliance about this
        project. I feel that it may be the most strategic way to rid society of
        neo-liberal assaults on the public interest.

        Your thoughts on this approach as a mechanism that can contribute to the
        realization of the goals of Occupy and the World Social Forum would be
        greatly appreciated.

        In solidarity,

        Alan Blanes
        Kelowna, BC, Canada