• Tunis Group 2 - CI futur Consult & +

  • questionnaire réform CI/cuestionario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

    from mestrum on Jun 28, 2013 03:15 PM
    http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/cifuturg2-form-input1-invitationg2

    Dear members of working group 2,
    Chers membres du groupe de travail n° 2
    Estimados miembros del grupo de trabajo 2

    You will find herewith (see url above) a questionnaire concerning the restructuring of the WSF/IC. It has been prepared by Sergio, Pierre and Francine. You may remember this was decided in Tunis.

    This is a test, before sending the questionnaire to all IC members and to others. We would like to ask you to seriously answer it and give us your evaluation. Since there are still many questions about it, there may be a need to further amend it.

    This is a very important step in the preparation process of the IC restructuring. We therefore hope to receive your answer as soon as possible. We thank you very warmly in advance.

    ------

    Vous trouverez ci-joint (voir url ci-dessus) un questionnaire sur la restructuration du FSM/CI. Il a été préparé par Sergio, Pierre et Francine. Vous vous rappellerez sans doute qu'il s'agit d'une décision prise à Tunis.

    Ceci est un test, avant d'envoyer le questionnaire à tous les membres du CI et à d'autres. Nous aimerions vous demander de bien vouloir y répondre et de nous donner votre évaluation. Nous avons encore beaucoup de doutes et il sera peut-être nécessaire d'amender le questionnaire.

    Ceci est une étape importante dans le processus de préparation de la restructuration du CI. Nous espérons dès lors de recevoir votre réponse dans les plus brefs délais. Nous vous en remercions très chaleureusement.

    --------------

    En anexo (url abajo) encontraran un cuestionario sobre la nueva estructura del FSM/CI. Fue preparado por Sergio, Pierre y Francine. Asi lo decidimos en Tunez.

    Eso es un 'test', antes de mandar el cuestionario a todos los miembrois del CI y a otros. Por favor, traten de responder a las cuestiones y de darnos su evaluacion. Nosotros tenemos algunas dudas y podria ser necesario de enmendar el cuestionario.

    Eso es una etapa importante en el proceso de la reforma del FSM/CI. Por lo tanto, esperamos recibir sus respuestas lo mas antes posible. Muchisimas gracias de antemano.

    http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/cifuturg2-form-input1-invitationg2

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: [IC-G2] questionnaire réform CI/cuestionario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

    from shawn on Jun 28, 2013 10:56 PM
    I'm glad to see something is moving on this topic. I imagine that creating this survey took a lot of careful thought and work, and I thank those who worked on it.

    However, I am going to be very critical – not for political or ideological reasons, but simply for objective, empirical reasons which I hope will be taken into account and implemented in order to strengthen this phase of the work and move us forward. I will make two points:

    -----------------

    • There are many critical flaws with the survey, from a data architecture standpoint, and from a design and user experience standpoint.

    • The survey as it stands now uses some very poor data practices, such as asking multiple questions in a single field.
    (for example, question 1B asks for Name, Email, Skype, and Telephone.)
    • This will make it very difficult to make any sort of statistical evaluation of the data because it is not segregated and machine-readable.
    • This can be remedied by separating each discrete data point into its own field, but there are many problems with the architecture of this survey.
     In short, a Data Analyst is badly needed.

    • The design & layout of the survey is working against the content within it.

    • The layout of the questions is not visually conducive to ease of reading and understanding the prompts.
    • The questions themselves are not bad, but the poor visual presentation of the text makes the survey confusing and tedious.
    • The text is excessively cluttered and not formatted in a way that makes it easy to parse, or visually pleasing.
    - For example, take a look at the way I've formatted this email - using larger text, indenting, and bullet point, this makes the outline of my
    points easier to read and understand.
    In short, a Design Editor is badly needed.

    -----------------

    I can already predict that others may be encountering similar issues with the survey, and I'm certain that those evaluating the results will have a very difficult time analyzing the results and effectively reporting on them.

    This issue had already come up when the attendance data was published to this list, and I personally took the initiative to clean up and re-publish a report on IC organization's attendance (http://shawncarrie.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ic-attendance.pdf), which no one replied to or acknowledged. I have offered, and continue to offer my services to this group.

    In summary, I observe that there is a vast need for improvement in the way that the WSF and IC are utilizing technological resources to support its work.
    This was the main position that I pushed in the G2 meeting in Tunis, and I firmly retain this position. I do look forward to working within this process, and hope that this sincere concern will be acknowledged and addressed.

    ⨳
    Shawn Carrié
    occupywallst.org (http://occupywallst.org)  |  t (http://bit.ly/owstw)  |   fb (http://bit.ly/owsfb)  |  g+ (http://bit.ly/owsGplus)  |  t (http://bit.ly/owstumblr)  |  yt (http://bit.ly/owsyt)  |  li (http://bit.ly/owslinkedin)  |  R (http://bit.ly/owsreddit)  |

    On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Francine Mestrum wrote:

    > http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/cifuturg2-form-input1-invitationg2
    >
    > Dear members of working group 2,
    > Chers membres du groupe de travail n° 2
    > Estimados miembros del grupo de trabajo 2
    >
    > You will find herewith (see url above) a questionnaire concerning the restructuring of the WSF/IC. It has been prepared by Sergio, Pierre and Francine. You may remember this was decided in Tunis.
    >
    > This is a test, before sending the questionnaire to all IC members and to others. We would like to ask you to seriously answer it and give us your evaluation. Since there are still many questions about it, there may be a need to further amend it.
    >
    > This is a very important step in the preparation process of the IC restructuring. We therefore hope to receive your answer as soon as possible. We thank you very warmly in advance.
    >
    > ------
    >
    > Vous trouverez ci-joint (voir url ci-dessus) un questionnaire sur la restructuration du FSM/CI. Il a été préparé par Sergio, Pierre et Francine. Vous vous rappellerez sans doute qu'il s'agit d'une décision prise à Tunis.
    >
    > Ceci est un test, avant d'envoyer le questionnaire à tous les membres du CI et à d'autres. Nous aimerions vous demander de bien vouloir y répondre et de nous donner votre évaluation. Nous avons encore beaucoup de doutes et il sera peut-être nécessaire d'amender le questionnaire.
    >
    > Ceci est une étape importante dans le processus de préparation de la restructuration du CI. Nous espérons dès lors de recevoir votre réponse dans les plus brefs délais. Nous vous en remercions très chaleureusement.
    >
    > --------------
    >
    > En anexo (url abajo) encontraran un cuestionario sobre la nueva estructura del FSM/CI. Fue preparado por Sergio, Pierre y Francine. Asi lo decidimos en Tunez.
    >
    > Eso es un 'test', antes de mandar el cuestionario a todos los miembrois del CI y a otros. Por favor, traten de responder a las cuestiones y de darnos su evaluacion. Nosotros tenemos algunas dudas y podria ser necesario de enmendar el cuestionario.
    >
    > Eso es una etapa importante en el proceso de la reforma del FSM/CI. Por lo tanto, esperamos recibir sus respuestas lo mas antes posible. Muchisimas gracias de antemano.
    >
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/cifuturg2-form-input1-invitationg2
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-consultations/archive/2013/06/1372432540233

    • RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2] questionnaire réform CI/cuestionario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

      from mestrum on Jun 29, 2013 07:45 AM
      Thank you very much Shawn.

      Your comments are very relevant and useful and surely will have to be taken into account when finalizing the questionnaire.

      In the meantime it would be good to have also other members opinion, so I would like to ask members to also give their opinion on this specific point.

      Does the presentation of the questionnaire stimulate you to answer the questions?

      Shawn fait la Remarque comme quoi la presentation du questionnaire n’est pas vraiment stimulant, trop peu Claire et n’invite pas à répondre auw questions.

      Cette remarque importante devra être prise en compte au moment où le questionnaire sera finalisé. Entretemps, nous aimerions vous inviter à aussi vous exprimer sur cette question. Etes-vous d’accord ou non?

      Shawn nos dice que la presentacion del cuestionario no es realmente estimulante, no invita a contestar a las preguntas. Es un comentario muy util y pertinente que tendremos que tomar en cuenta al momento de finalizar el cuestionario.

      Mientras tanto, les invitamos a pronunciarse tambièn sobre esta cuestion. Estan de acuerdo o no?

      Muchas gracias por su atencion

      Many thanks/ Merci beaucoup.

       <http://occupywallst.org> occupywallst.org  |   <http://bit.ly/owstw> t  |    <http://bit.ly/owsfb> fb  |   <http://bit.ly/owsGplus> g+  |   <http://bit.ly/owstumblr> t  |   <http://bit.ly/owsyt> yt  |   <http://bit.ly/owslinkedin> li  |   <http://bit.ly/owsreddit> R  |

[...]

      Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1372460186328 <http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-consultations/archive/2013/06/1372460186328>

      • Re: RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2 ] questionnaire réform CI/cuesti onario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

        from Jasper on Jun 29, 2013 03:11 PM
        Dear all,

        As an IC outsider I share the concerns of Shawn. After going through the
        proposed survey I feel confused and overwhelmed. I think the questions
        and optional answers are not just 'tedious', but too much directed to
        desired outcomes, including many detailed proposals and suggestions that
        have hardly been circulated or discussed before. It makes me think I'm
        entering a foggy, complicated and bureaucratic world. I'm not against
        proposing or suggesting anything, but if the main aim is to find out how
        both existing IC members and potential new members see their own role in
        the future of the WSF, my advice is to drastically simplify the model,
        based on clear and strict goals, including a transparent path for the
        processing, presentation and collective evaluation of the results.

        I also would like to share a wider critical observation on the process
        to discuss the future of the WSF. I think we should not only focus on
        the needs, capacities and visions of those already involved, and found
        their ways through the barriers around the IC structure. The splitting
        in the three working groups was arbitrary and not openly and thoroughly
        discussed. So we are still repeating the old situation, in which it is
        very hard to get an overview, understand the functions and tasks of
        these groups, and see how working groups are related and feeding into a
        collective process. This may be the reason why the debate about the
        future never really got started, and we are now losing the fire and
        potential energies we experienced in Tunis. The question remains: where
        is the voice of the hundreds of groups who organised the workshops and
        meetings, the hundreds of volunteers, translators, technical assistants,
        and of course the thousands of participants of the last forum? What are
        their needs, expectations, views, commitments?

        To be honest and direct, I think trying to transform the WSF from the
        top down is a mistake. I'm sure there are other ways...

        greetings,

        Jasper Teunissen

        Op 29-6-2013 9:36, Francine Mestrum schreef:

        > Thank you very much Shawn.
        >
        > Your comments are very relevant and useful and surely will have to be
        > taken into account when finalizing the questionnaire.
        >
        > In the meantime it would be good to have also other members opinion,
        > so I would like to ask members to also give their opinion on this
        > specific point.
        >
        > Does the presentation of the questionnaire stimulate you to answer the
        > questions?
        >
        > Shawn fait la Remarque comme quoi la presentation du questionnaire
        > n’est pas vraiment stimulant, trop peu Claire et n’invite pas à
        > répondre auw questions.
        >
        > Cette remarque importante devra être prise en compte au moment où le
        > questionnaire sera finalisé. Entretemps, nous aimerions vous inviter à
        > aussi vous exprimer sur cette question. Etes-vous d’accord ou non?
        >
        > Shawn nos dice que la presentacion del cuestionario no es realmente
        > estimulante, no invita a contestar a las preguntas. Es un comentario
        > muy util y pertinente que tendremos que tomar en cuenta al momento de
        > finalizar el cuestionario.
        >
        > Mientras tanto, les invitamos a pronunciarse tambièn sobre esta
        > cuestion. Estan de acuerdo o no?
        >
        > Muchas gracias por su atencion
        >
        > Many thanks/ Merci beaucoup.

        • RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2 ] questionnaire réform CI/cuesti onario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

          from mestrum on Jun 29, 2013 03:35 PM
          Thanks a lot Jasper.

          Your comment will be taken into account.

          As for the ‘voice’ of all participants in the convergence meeting, it should indeed be heard and it is the intention to present them a questionnaire. The question remains whether they  will react. Based on my own experience with the convergence on social protection, I am not too optimistic, since in spite of repeated demands, there is very little life in the group … but let us be patient and try.

          Best,

          Francine

[...]

          Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1372518672749 <http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-consultations/archive/2013/06/1372518672749>

          • Re: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2 ] questionnaire réform CI/cuesti onario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

            from giuseppe on Jun 29, 2013 05:56 PM
            Dear Francine thank you to you and the others for this. I am travelling so
            i can only say this for now, i will get back to you as soon as i return to
            a reliable internet connection
            Giu
            On Jun 29, 2013 6:26 PM, "Francine Mestrum" <mestrum@...> wrote:

            > Thanks a lot Jasper.****
            >
            > Your comment will be taken into account.****
            >
            > ** **
            >
            > As for the ‘voice’ of all participants in the convergence meeting, it
            > should indeed be heard and it is the intention to present them a
            > questionnaire. The question remains whether they  will react. Based on my
            > own experience with the convergence on social protection, I am not too
            > optimistic, since in spite of repeated demands, there is very little life
            > in the group … but let us be patient and try.****
            >
            > ** **
            >
            > Best,****
            >
            > Francine****
            >
            > ** **

        from gina on Jul 25, 2013 02:29 PM
        english bellow

        Querid@s del grupo de trabajo # 2,

         Hoy finalmente me di el tiempo para llenar el cuestionario y realmente
        renuncie, luego de hacer el esfuerzo de seguir las preguntas. Creo que el
        primer esfuerzo, hecho por Sergio,, estaba mas claro, con las
        clarificaciones posteriores que hizo a los diversos comentarios recibidos.
        El actual formato creo que no solo es muy complicado y largo, sino también
        creo que es conductista. Hay  además preguntas en las que no puedo opinar
        sino tenemos previamente  una discusión o reflexión colectiva.

        Creo que tenemos que buscar una forma más simple y menos rígida de ir
        construyendo opinión.   Quisiera saber si es que se recibido respuestas o
        más opiniones. Si no, es momento de hacer una propuesta más ágil que nos
        permita llegar al siguiente CI con un intercambio de ideas que permitan una
        mejor discusión y decisión.

        Dear friends  of the Working Group # 2,

          Today I finally found time to complete the questionnaire but I decided
        not to do it, after making the effort to follow the questions and the
        possible answers. ?). I think the first effort made ​​by Sergio, was
        lighter, with the subsequent clarifications made ​​to the various comments
        received. I think that the actual version not only is very complicated and
        long, but I think it is behavioral (conductist. There are also questions
        that will be important to answer after having previously a discussion or
        collective reflection.

        I think we have to look for a simpler and less rigid way for building
        opinion. I wonder if you have received more answers to the questionnaire.
        If not, it's time to make a more streamlined approach that allows us to get
        to the next IC with an exchange of ideas for a better discussion and
        decision.

        2013/6/29 Francine Mestrum <mestrum@...>

        > Thank you very much Shawn.****
        >
        > Your comments are very relevant and useful and surely will have to be
        > taken into account when finalizing the questionnaire.****
        >
        > In the meantime it would be good to have also other members opinion, so I
        > would like to ask members to also give their opinion on this specific point.
        > ****
        >
        > Does the presentation of the questionnaire stimulate you to answer the
        > questions?****
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > Shawn fait la Remarque comme quoi la presentation du questionnaire n’est
        > pas vraiment stimulant, trop peu Claire et n’invite pas à répondre auw
        > questions.****
        >
        > Cette remarque importante devra être prise en compte au moment où le
        > questionnaire sera finalisé. Entretemps, nous aimerions vous inviter à
        > aussi vous exprimer sur cette question. Etes-vous d’accord ou non?****
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > Shawn nos dice que la presentacion del cuestionario no es realmente
        > estimulante, no invita a contestar a las preguntas. Es un comentario muy
        > util y pertinente que tendremos que tomar en cuenta al momento de finalizar
        > el cuestionario.****
        >
        > Mientras tanto, les invitamos a pronunciarse tambièn sobre esta cuestion.
        > Estan de acuerdo o no?****
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > Muchas gracias por su atencion****
        >
        > Many thanks/ Merci beaucoup.****
        >
        > ** **

          from giuseppe on Aug 09, 2013 07:39 AM
          Dear All,

          dear Gina, I had the same impression about the questionnaire that at times
          is less clear than it could be. It clearly shows a huge amount of work and
          reflection from Sergio and Pierre and the others who gave feedback, for
          which i'm thankful. The experience of those who tried to fill it perhaps
          suggests something that sociologists are rather familiar with, respondents
          get bored after few questions and they get truly upset if their answers are
          perceived to be directed.

          I return on a previous proposal. "One to one" interviews, via telephone or
          skype of all IC members as recorded in the official list. such
          conversations could be both more stimulating and more inspiring. more open
          and less directive. in other words, to a certain extent, closer to WSF
          values than a questionnaire. Not perfect, of course, by all means, but it
          could be tried. Around 200 members means around means at most, around 200
          hours... and then transcription etc. few months of work, to be sure, but
          with some assured outcome. Just an idea...

          Hugs

          --
          Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
          Research Fellow

          • Re: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2] questionnaire réform CI/cuestionario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

            from fiedl on Aug 28, 2013 09:36 AM
            Dear all, dear Giu,

            first of all, thanks to everyone who put work into the questionnaires! I
            also agree with others who say the questionnaire is too complicated and
            sometimes suggestive.

            I like Giu's proposal to do interviews for the same reasons. I'd be
            happy to help conducting and transcribing the interviews. Maybe we
            should add to the current IC members also some who dropped out and some
            who would like to be members.
            I'm sure we could find 5 or more people to split the work and gather
            enough language skills. I have German and English to offer.

            We should still distribute a questionnaire to everyone interested in
            addition.

            cheers,
            Micha

            --
            Micha Fiedlschuster
            Ph.D. student Global Studies

            On 13-08-09 09:29 AM, Giuseppe Caruso wrote:
> [...]
            >         opinion, so I would like to ask members to also give their
            >         opinion on this specific point.
            >
            >         Does the presentation of the questionnaire stimulate you to
            >         answer the questions?
            >
            >         Shawn fait la Remarque comme quoi la presentation du
            >         questionnaire n’est pas vraiment stimulant, trop peu Claire et
            >         n’invite pas à répondre auw questions.
            >
            >         Cette remarque importante devra être prise en compte au moment
            >         où le questionnaire sera finalisé. Entretemps, nous aimerions
            >         vous inviter à aussi vous exprimer sur cette question.
            >         Etes-vous d’accord ou non?
            >
            >         Shawn nos dice que la presentacion del cuestionario no es
            >         realmente estimulante, no invita a contestar a las preguntas.
            >         Es un comentario muy util y pertinente que tendremos que tomar
            >         en cuenta al momento de finalizar el cuestionario.
            >
            >         Mientras tanto, les invitamos a pronunciarse tambièn sobre

        from gina on Jun 29, 2013 12:28 PM
        Dear Francine, thanks for this push to the reflection. And thanks to all
        the ones that work on it!  It is very important to began now with this
        procedure. But I agree with  Shawn; I am going inside the questionary and I
        began very quickly to be lost! Although is very usefull to have all the
        documents of the process till now, I think people will get confussed , so I
        want to know if there is a more simple way to go through?

        besos

        Gina

        2013/6/29 Francine Mestrum <mestrum@...>

        > Thank you very much Shawn.****
        >
        > Your comments are very relevant and useful and surely will have to be
        > taken into account when finalizing the questionnaire.****
        >
        > In the meantime it would be good to have also other members opinion, so I
        > would like to ask members to also give their opinion on this specific point.
        > ****
        >
        > Does the presentation of the questionnaire stimulate you to answer the
        > questions?****
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > Shawn fait la Remarque comme quoi la presentation du questionnaire n’est
        > pas vraiment stimulant, trop peu Claire et n’invite pas à répondre auw
        > questions.****
        >
        > Cette remarque importante devra être prise en compte au moment où le
        > questionnaire sera finalisé. Entretemps, nous aimerions vous inviter à
        > aussi vous exprimer sur cette question. Etes-vous d’accord ou non?****
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > Shawn nos dice que la presentacion del cuestionario no es realmente
        > estimulante, no invita a contestar a las preguntas. Es un comentario muy
        > util y pertinente que tendremos que tomar en cuenta al momento de finalizar
        > el cuestionario.****
        >
        > Mientras tanto, les invitamos a pronunciarse tambièn sobre esta cuestion.
        > Estan de acuerdo o no?****
        >
        > ** **
        >
        > Muchas gracias por su atencion****
        >
        > Many thanks/ Merci beaucoup.****
        >
        > ** **

          from chris on Aug 28, 2013 12:58 PM
          Dear Gina

          [ES below, Google-only]

          I approach these questionairres with fresh enthusiasm, not being involved in
          G2 methodology discussions to far.

          I answered the GoogleForms Expolration 1 questionnaire with only one item
          unresolved.  Now I have a coffee, before launching in to Exploration 2 / 2bis
          / 3.

          I empathise with Shawn and Jasper before, and encourage others to only tackle
          what they can manage, without getting negative emotions.

          Re Q3: As a wsf participant, do you feel the wsf world events are a 'useful
          tool' in current context?

          Deliberation:  My involvement with world events has been in Extended context,
          always with intention of physically attending if I could manage next event.
          There is still hope.  The current context has changed since Nairobi (my first
          participation) to be more informative and locally educational to host-country
          organisations.  Earlier events were building consensus that 'Another World is
          Possible'.  So I see current context as 'beyond-AWiP'.

          World events now are essential so that 'beyond-AWiP' implementations come
          together with a political process and each other, against fragmentation,
          splintering and piecemeal implementations.

          The current context brings new groups such as Bloccupy, Europie (youth) and
          Alexandria and Baghdad that need earliest exposure to the 'useful tool'.  The
          concept of Charter of Principles, OpenFSM, alter-media, etc takes time for the
          to integrate; maybe steps forward and backwards.

          An unresolved question for me is the Belem process, and wsf roots.  It is
          essential beyond the history process but maybe for specific, thematic events
          rather than for wsf world events.  Logistics is one matter, but technology
          access makes life easier/complex.  I am for easier / simple.

          Q3 Answer:  Useful tool for IC; maybe, depending what IC needs to achieve on
          bi-annual basis.
          Are there other ways for IC to achieve similar, bi-annual outcomes? Maybe.
          Is wsf world event primarily for benefit of IC?  I think Not.

          chris
          ---------------------
          querida Gina

          [EN above]

          Me acerco a estos questionairres con nuevo ímpetu, no participar en los
          debates metodológicos G2 a la fecha.

          Me contestó el cuestionario Expolration 1 GoogleForms con un solo elemento sin
          resolver. Ahora tengo un café, antes de lanzarse a Exploration 2/2 bis / 3.

          Me identifico con Shawn y Jasper antes, y animar a otros a hacer frente a lo
          que sólo puede manejar, sin que las emociones negativas.

          Re P3: Como participante del FSM, ¿sientes los acontecimientos mundiales wsf
          son una "herramienta útil" en el contexto actual?

          Deliberación: Mi relación con los acontecimientos del mundo ha estado en el
          contexto ampliado, siempre con la intención de asistir físicamente si podía
          manejar próximo evento. Todavía hay esperanza. El contexto actual ha cambiado
          desde Nairobi (mi primera participación) sea más informativo y educativo a
          nivel local a las organizaciones del país anfitrión. Eventos anteriores
          estaban construyendo consenso de que "Otro Mundo es Posible". Así que no veo
          contexto actual como "más allá-AWiP '​​.

          Los acontecimientos mundiales hoy son esenciales para que las implementaciones
          "más allá-AWiP '​​se unen con un proceso político y la otra, contra la
          fragmentación, astillado y fragmentario implementaciones.

          El contexto actual plantea nuevos grupos como Bloccupy, Europie (jóvenes) y
          Alejandría y Bagdad que necesitan más temprana exposición a la "herramienta
          útil". El concepto de la Carta de Principios, OpenFSM, alter-media, etc
          necesita tiempo para que el de integrar, quizá pasos hacia adelante y hacia
          atrás.

          Una cuestión sin resolver para mí es el proceso de Belem, y las raíces del
          FSM. Es fundamental más allá del proceso de la historia, pero quizás para
          eventos específicos, temáticos y no para los eventos mundiales del FSM. La
          logística es un asunto, pero el acceso a la tecnología hace la vida más fácil
          / recinto. Estoy a favor de más fácil / simple.

          Q3 Respuesta: La herramienta útil para la CI, tal vez, dependiendo de lo que
          CI tiene que lograr por cada dos años.
          ¿Hay otras formas de IC para lograr resultados similares, bi-anuales? Puede
          ser.
          Es el evento mundial del FSM principalmente para el beneficio de la IC? Creo
          que no.

          Chris

          • Re: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2] questionnaire réform CI/cuestionario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

            from gina on Aug 31, 2013 12:36 AM
            Hola Chris, gracias, tratare de meterme de nuevo y ver lo que puedo avanzar.

            Gina

            2013/8/23 chris williams <will0447@...>

> [...]
            > fácil
            > / recinto. Estoy a favor de más fácil / simple.
            >
            > Q3 Respuesta: La herramienta útil para la CI, tal vez, dependiendo de lo
            > que
            > CI tiene que lograr por cada dos años.
            > ¿Hay otras formas de IC para lograr resultados similares, bi-anuales? Puede
            > ser.
            > Es el evento mundial del FSM principalmente para el beneficio de la IC?
            > Creo
            > que no.
            >
            > Chris
            >

            > --
            > Archive:
            > http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-consultations/archive/2013/08/1377694701400

            • Re: RE: [G2 - CI futur Consult Carto Eval Strategy Synth] Re: [IC-G2] questionnaire réform CI/cuestionario reforma CI/ questionnaire IC reform

              from chris on Sep 03, 2013 02:40 AM
              [EN FR below]

              querida Gina

              Sentí la necesidad de seguir adelante con Exploraciones 2bis y 3 (versión
              corta) . Después de más cafés, ahora estoy contento con mis respuestas,
              después de necesitar una elaboración en mi exploración 1 . Así que realmente
              embarcarse en una reflexión de la experiencia general del cuestionario.
              Me complace los cuestionarios no fueron exhaustivas, ya que tuve que contestar
              con la verdad cuando vi a mis respuestas tomando mis colegas y yo. En este
              sentido, el proceso de G2 es indicativo de un momento ' cuenca '. ¿Cuánto de
              mi FSM / experiencia FSM fue histórico, y qué características definen el Foro
              Social Mundial de hoy? Espero que mis respuestas a este proyecto de
              cuestionario definen claramente cuál es mi posición sobre los asuntos clave.
              Estoy dispuesto a aclarar cualquier 2bis / 3 respuestas que, desde su
              análisis, parecen ser contradictorias.
              Ahora tengo reservas en cuanto a los tipos de problemas que Shawn y otros
              podrían estar luchando. Vivimos en un mundo lleno de matices, más aún cuando
              FSM comunica abiertamente en seis idiomas, sin favorecer a ningún idioma
              particular. Como Inglés - único orador, me he atrevido con valentía en puestos
              Wiki en varios idiomas, en Google -translate no es adecuada. Gracias a Dios
              por Babel. Tenía que aventurarse en árabe para el Foro Mundial de la Educación
              2009, Rusia a principios de este año, y todavía soy la esperanza de que Chino
              (putonghua) está en el horizonte cercano. Si bien estos matices hacen difícil
              cotejo y el análisis automático, son respetuosos con la diversidad cultural y
              lingüística.
              Yo no descarto la ligera que la reforma del FSM es inevitable, yo lo veo como
              un proceso de limpieza y la reactivación de que confirme su relevancia en un
              mundo plagado de irrelevancias. Que este proceso de reforma ha sido
              verdaderamente abierto y transparente, me anima a que los resultados de la
              reforma deben cumplir con más éxito que los espectadores consideran posible.
              También me siento alentado por los tres cuestionarios que la reforma del FSM /
              IC no se altera más allá del reconocimiento. Hay algunos entre nosotros que
              han dedicado gran parte de su vida (reciente) al proceso, a las subidas cuesta
              arriba y cuesta abajo la euforia. Ellos no deben sentirse amenazados por las
              reformas pendientes IC , pero anima a que en el exterior ya se ha visto
              enriquecido por sus contribuciones al Otro Mundo.

              En solidaridad
              Chris

              [ES above, FR below]

              Dear Gina

              I felt the need to press on with Explorations 2bis and 3 (short version).
              After more coffees, I am now content with my responses, after needing a single
              elaboration on my Exploration 1.  So I truly embark on some reflection of the
              overall questionnaire experience.
              I am pleased the questionnaires were not formulaic, as I had to truthfully
              answer where I saw my responses taking my colleagues and me.  In this sense,
              the G2 process is indicative of a ‘watershed’ moment.  How much of my WSF/FSM
              experience was historical, and what features define the World Social Forum
              today?  I hope my responses to this draft questionnaire clearly define where I
              stand on the key matters.  I am willing to clarify any 2bis/3 responses that,
              from your analysis, seem to be contradictory.
              I now have reservations about the types of concerns that Shawn and others
              might be struggling with.  We live in a nuanced world, even more so as WSF
              openly communicates across six languages, without favoring any particular
              language.  As an English-only speaker, I have bravely ventured into
              multi-language Wiki posts, where Google-translate is not adequate.  Thank
              goodness for Babel.   I needed to venture into Arabic for World Education
              Forum 2009, Russian earlier this year, and am still hopeful that Chinese
              (Putonghua) is on the near horizon.  Whilst these nuances make automatic
              collation and analysis difficult, they are respectful to cultural and
              linguistic diversity.
              I do not lightly dismiss that WSF reform is inevitable; I see it as a
              cleansing and reviving process that confirms its relevance in a world riddled
              with irrelevances.  That this reform process has been truly open and
              transparent encourages me that the reform outcomes should meet with more
              success than bystanders consider possible.  I am also encouraged by the three
              questionnaires that the reformed WSF/IC is not altered beyond recognition.
              There are those amongst us who have devoted much of their (recent) life to the
              process, to the uphill climbs and the downhill euphoria.  They ought not feel
              threatened by the pending IC reforms, but encouraged that we on the outer have
              already been enriched by their contributions to Another World.

              In solidarity
              Chris

              Cher Gina

              J'ai ressenti le besoin d'appuyer sur des Explorations 2bis et 3 (version
              courte).  Après plus de cafés, je suis maintenant contente de mes réponses,
              après avoir besoin d'un seul élaboration sur mon Exploration 1. Donc, je
              m'embarque vraiment sur une réflexion de l'expérience globale du
              questionnaire.
              Je suis heureux de les questionnaires n'étaient pas stéréotypé, comme j'ai eu
              à répondre honnêtement où j'ai vu mes réponses en prenant mes collègues et
              moi. En ce sens, le processus G2 est indicative d'un moment « bassin versant
              ». Combien de mon FSM / expérience FSM était historique, et quels éléments
              définissent le Forum social mondial aujourd'hui ? J'espère que mes réponses à
              ce projet de questionnaire définissent clairement ma position sur les
              questions clés. Je suis prêt à clarifier tout 2bis / 3 des réponses qui, à
              partir de votre analyse, paraissent contradictoires.
              J'ai maintenant des réserves sur les types de préoccupations que Shawn et
              d'autres pourraient être aux prises avec. Nous vivons dans un monde nuancée,
              d'autant plus que le FSM communique ouvertement dans six langues, sans
              privilégier une langue particulière. Comme un haut-parleur en anglais
              seulement, j'ai courageusement aventuré dans les messages Wiki multi- langue,
              où Google -translate n'est pas suffisant. Heureusement pour Babel. J'avais
              besoin de s'aventurer en arabe pour le Forum mondial sur l'éducation 2009,
              Russie plus tôt cette année, et je suis toujours plein d'espoir que le chinois
              (putonghua) est à l'horizon proche.  Alors que ces nuances font collecte et
              l'analyse automatique difficile, ils sont respectueux de la diversité
              culturelle et linguistique.
              Je ne suis pas à la légère rejeter cette réforme FSM est inévitable, je le
              vois comme un processus de nettoyage et de relance qui confirme sa pertinence
              dans un monde truffé de irrelevances.  C'est ce processus de réforme a été
              vraiment ouvert et transparent m'encourage à ce que les résultats de la
              réforme devraient rencontrer plus de succès que les spectateurs considèrent
              possible. Je suis également encouragé par les trois questionnaires que la
              réforme du FSM / IC n'est pas méconnaissable.  Il ya ceux parmi nous qui ont
              consacré une grande partie de leur vie (récente) au processus,  à la gravit et
              l'euphorie en descente. Ils ne devraient pas se sentir menacés par les
              réformes en cours IC, mais encouragés que nous avons sur l' extérieur déjà été
              enrichi par leur contribution à un autre monde.

              en solidarité
              Chris