• Communication commission discussion

Re: about Comcom

de la part de Thiago Benicchio - FSM on 31/07/2008 17:19
Dear Meena,

I'm fowarding this answer and your message below to the communication
commission list (on rits and openfsm) and to fsm2009com list (which has
local communication WG + IC Com members + office).

Some ideas about what you asked:

1) we have a lot of mailing lists and groups already created in many
websites. An important process of cleaning up the "fat" is going on with
the migration of WSF communication to OpenFSM. My idea is stay only with
the OpenFSM lists.

We already have two spaces there: one for the IC Communication
Commission and other for WSF 2009 Communication. Inside this spaces,
there are already groups formed. We need to organize people and work
inside those groups. Some are already moving.

2) The language barrier is a huge problem. For Belem 2009, I think it'll
be really hard to have communication in english. One sollution (that
could be applied to all lists and spaces) is to have translators that
can help us to overcome this barrier.  For the chats, we can think on
voice translation for english-spoken people.

3) Schedulle of chats is important also. We need to plan in advance.
There a page created in OpenFSM that everyone (signed up on the site)
can edit: http://openfsm.net/projects/fsm2009com/calendario . It's a
calendar for us to organize ourselves.

4) There's a report on the Com meeting in Belem -
http://openfsm.net/projects/fsm2009com/memoria-da-reuniao-de-12-e-13-de-julho-em-belem
- unfortunatelly only in portuguese.

5) Belem website building, from what I hear, is moving. They had a
meeting yesterday to set up the layoud and technical issues details and
we'll wait for the information tha comes from Belem.

6) Meena, I'll keep you informed if something got into the work agenda.

best,

Thiago Benicchio
World Social Forum Office - Sao Paulo, Brazil
+55-11-3258-8914
skype user: benicchio

Meena Menon wrote:
> Dear Thiago
> I wanted to chat with you about how I can help in the work of the
> Communication Commission. I have some questions and comments I would
> like you to pass on to the comcom group. I have no idea how to do that.
> My message is below- pl send it to the group esp Jason.
> Meena
>
> Message for the Comcom:
>
> Dear comrades of teh comcom
> I have been trying to follow the chats of the comcom but its
> impossible because its in Spanish and its at 2 pm in India. I also
> read the note that was presented in the Abuja meeting. I had a few
> questions/observations:
>
> It seems to me that we must prepare for Belem making it a top
> priority. For this we need to start with: What do THEY need?
> I think they will need help with their website (information and
> registration) and second to let a lot of people know about the event:
> mails, newsletter, invites etc.
> The information about Belem - including the program - must reach all
> continents. So we need people in media in all parts of the world, not
> only in South America and Europe. The chats will have to be at a
> convenient time. Maybe we can make two groups if the time is not
> convenient.
>
> I think we can form groups: Media, website, newsletter, etc. And we
> need to work closely with the local office and the WSF office.
>
> We must start with a first level press release which can be formulated
> and sent to us from the WSF office.
> Pl tell me how the asians and Africans can become part of the Comcom.
> For a start my friends here and I too, are interested in working with
> the local Belem committee to help with the event.
>
> Waiting for your reply
> Meena
>

> --
> Focus On The Global South, India
> A-201, Kailash Apartments
> Juhu Church Road, Juhu
> Mumbai – 400 049. India
> Tel: +91-22-6592 1141 / 51
> Telefax: +91-22-2625 4347
> Email: focusind@... <mailto:focusind@...> /
> focusind@... <mailto:focusind@...>
> Website: http://www.focusweb.org

Revenir à la vue par date: par fil or A plat