• Communication commission discussion

Re: Re: on mandate to fundraise - Re: recordings of ic meeting audio

from Giuseppe Caruso on Oct 16, 2009 11:02 AM
Dear All, from the conversation so far in this list the following issues
seem to have been raised

1. it would be useful to circulate a report about the meetings of the
com-com in Montreal (all of them, not only the final reports in the plenary)

2. There is the need to clarify the nature of the fundraising and reflect on
the implication that it has on the actual work plan and the role of the
group

3. There is the need to share the proposed plans for collective revision

4. I would add that I would like to know what kind of regular meetings are
taking place of which not all members might have knowledge of (chats, skypes
etc.)

5. finally it would be useful to establish a relatively short deadline for
the presentation to the IC of the com plan as we promised during the report
to the plenary (i have the impression that failing to do that could severely
compromise the reputation of the group, but maybe that's just my reading of
it)

is there anything else missing in this list?

So my proposals point by point

1. On the reports: all those who were there have notes or can quickly makes
notes of those meetings, if we agree we can circulate them here for those
who were not present (we had a meeting in the morning of the third day of
the IC, one at night that day, one dinner meeting the following day and some
had a final meeting on saturday night)

2. On fundraising could we have some more information from perhaps others so
that we can have enough deliberation on what alessandra and roberto were
discussing?

3. Pierre, Jason? could you please share with us whatever preliminary draft
you guys have prepared that we were supposed to discussed and we did not
have the chance to, so that we can do so now in this list?

4. Whoever knows about what regular meetings are scheduled and what agendas
those meetings have etc.?

5. As for the deadline i suggest the last day of the month, in two weeks to
come up with a consensual plan to offer the IC for perusal

Ok this is what i have in mind. Suggestions? Ideas?

Ciao
giuseppe

Return to date view: threaded or flat