• Communication commission discussion

  • Re: [WSF-Discuss] Paul Craig Roberts and his White Supremacist Appeal

    from Azril Bacal on Aug 25, 2014 08:31 AM
    Dear Mikael,

    It appears to be a humble statement from your part, that you are "afraid
    not to know the precise answer(s)..."

    Name one name of someone on Earth and Heavens - who has the precise
    answer(s)?

    At any rate, you feel you had "enough" to not hesitate in your answer - to
    Sukla's message in our list, when writing that: Emma Rosenthal's attack on
    Craig Roberts ...is "a piece of slander and not worth much consideration."

    You know for a fact, that I always commended your wisdom in the past.

    Now it is my time to question it, as follows:

    So, yes! Roosevelt and Churchill tactically made a deal with Stalin.

    But weren't we at the WSF trying to build together "Another Possible World"
    - which required from us to avoid the pitfalls from the past? To avoid the
    old ways of "using all means premised on our lofty aims"? To avoid the old
    ways of regarding our enemy's eneases. my as our allies? Are we still
    trapped by old ways?

    Reading you now, Mikael, makes me sad and keenly aware that we are still
    overshadowed by our past conditioning and reductionism.

    My list of those condemned for "Crimes against Humanity" is much larger
    than yours - and not "fixed" exclusively on Israel, as you seem to be doing
    right now...I would include ISIS, the members of the "Insecurity Council"
    and the countries producing and selling weapons, the countries financing
    the rockets launched by Hamas/Jihad - instead of these funds being used for
    the sustainable development of the people in Gaza, Saudi Arabia, Ir¡an -
    and even Sweden and Brazil for producing/selling weapons. In facts, I would
    include most if not all contemporary national-states should be send to the
    Hague Tribunal for being class-ethnocratic and ethnicidal societies, that
    factually kill people through their policies of privatization and
    increasing socio-economic inequality.
    But that would make it difficult for the Hague Tribunal to handle this
    overwhelming number of c

    Even though I share the same horror againts this viscious and senless waste
    of human lifes due to the interlocked violent politics of Netanhayu's
    Israel and Hammas/Jihad's Gaza.

    On the grounds of the values I thought I was endorsing at the WSF and NIGD
    (or was I perhaps deluded from the beginning?) - I have endorsed Desmond
    Tutu's appeal to the israeli people - but have simultaneously kept distnace
    from that unilateral reductionism of the position that now leads you to
    join hands with Craig Roberts - like some "leftists" do with neo-Nazis do
    today in their shared antisemitism.

    So what about checking one's eye - and not just focusing exclusively on the
    one and only only cause of all evil on Earth?

    Your "humblest" friend :-)
    Azril

    We have a long ways to go if the wisest of us, like yourself, walk on such
    muddy roads.

    Like your humble state at the end, I am afraid I do no know the precise
    answer(s)...
    Abrazo
    Azril
    ______

    On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Mikael Book <book@...> wrote:

> [...]
    >>

    >> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Jan Wiklund <jawi@...> wrote:
    >>
    >>  It is obviously so that a lot of conservative or libertarian Americans
    >>> oppose war, for different reasons - one of which probably is that war is
    >>> expensive. Roberts is not the only one.
    >>>
    >>> This is not only valuable to know in itself, but it is also valuable
    >>> since
    >>> it gives one a hunch about that one sometimes may agree with peolpe about
    >>> some issues but not about others. Which is good to know since it gives
    >>> one
    >>> a hunch about the essentials in alliance building.
    >>>
    >>> If our alliances was only built with pople we always agreed with, they
    >>> would be small indeed, and would never ever win a victory. Which is what
    >>> we
    >>> aim at - or am i wrong?

    >>> 24 aug 2014 kl. 09.31 skrev Sukla Sen:
    >>>
    >>> [This is obviously a somewhat old article, but nevertheless relevant.]
    >>>
    >>> http://cafeintifada.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/867/
    >>>  Paul Craig Roberts and his White Supremacist Appeal
    >>> <http://cafeintifada.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/867/> *By Emma Rosenthal*
    >>>
    >>> March 9, 2010 by emmarosenthal
    >>> <http://cafeintifada.wordpress.com/author/emmarosenthal/>*ARENÿÿT THERE
    >>>
    >>> BETTER, MORE DESERVING, MORE QUALIFIED WRITERS, WE CAN PROMOTE, TO
    >>> DECONSTRUCT THE ASSUMPTIONS, ARROGANCE AND HUBRIS OF AMERICAN EMPIRE,
    >>> ISRAELI SETTLER COLONIALISM AND GENOCIDE?*
    >>>

    >>> Roberts is a right wing white supremacist who has written repeatedly
    >>> anti-disability, anti-jewish, anti-gay, anti-immigrant anti- people of
    >>> color, rants for years. (and while attempting to be ÿÿpro-Islam,
    >>> pro-Arabÿÿ,
    >>>
    >>> his assertions are rife with orientalist assumptions of Amerikan/western
    >>> superiority.) His critique of U.S./Israeli policy is not part of a human
    >>> rights, social justice, anti-imperialist movement for self-determination
    >>> or
    >>> liberation, but rather is simply an extension of his white supremacist
    >>> fear
    >>> that white people and Amerika are losing ground.
    >>>
    >>> Roberts has written for years for VDARE (a racist publication, named for
    >>> Virginia Dare, the first ÿÿwhiteÿÿ baby to be born in the ÿÿNew
    >>> Worldÿÿ), but
    >>>
    >>> recently he has been published, without criticism or reference to his
    >>> racist, ableist, sexist anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-Jewish, anti-Arab
    >>> trajectory by Counterpunch, ifamericansknew, antiwar.com, Democracy Now,
    >>> Information Clearing House, Alternet and other ÿÿprogressiveÿÿ media.
    >>>
    >>> In his article *ÿÿWhy Does Israel Want to Initiate War Between theU.S.
    >>>  and Iran?ÿÿ* (1) Roberts repeats what weÿÿve been hearing for years:
    >>> that
    >>>
    >>> the U.S. government is a puppet regime of Israel. immediately
    >>> contradicting
    >>> himself with the refrain weÿÿve heard for 10 years, that Israel is trying
    >>>
    >>>  to drag the U.S. into war with IRan, or that Israel will bomb Iran on
    >>> own. Weÿÿve heard this from the left, the right, and from two U.S. Vice
> [...]
    >>> the Reagan Administration lends credibility to those more legitimate
    >>> assertions ÿÿwe all agree onÿÿ. But even though a broken clock is right
    >>> twice
    >>>
    >>> a day, and Mussolini  made the trains run on time, do we really want, in
    >>> giving credence to his ÿÿgood pointsÿÿ to legitimize his racist, sexist,
    >>>
    >>> ableist bigotry and promote Roberts at the expense of other writers who,
    >>> though lesser known, might better articulate a vision of
    >>> anti-imperialism,
    >>> anti-colonialism, infused justice, inclusion, diversity and
    >>> self-determination?
    >>>
    >>> 1. http://www.thecanadiancharger.com/page.php?id=5&a=133
    >>>
    >>> 2. http://cafeintifada.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/654/
    >>>
    >>> 3. http://www.vdare.com/roberts/100301_muslims.htm
    >>>
    >>> 4. http://www.vdare.com/roberts/061116_friedman.htm
    >>>
    >>> 5. http://vdare.com/roberts/west_future.htm
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Peace Is Doable
    >>> discuss_openspaceforum.net/
    >>> LIST INFORMATION:
    >>> openspaceforum.net

    >>> discuss_openspaceforum.net/
    >>> LIST INFORMATION:
    >>> openspaceforum.net
    >>>

    >> --
    >>
    >>   1. *EBook, November 2012: Recovering Internationalism
    >>   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/recovering_internationalism/>.  [A
    >>
    >>   compilation of papers from the new millenium. Now free in two download
    >>   formats] <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/>
    >>   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/>*
    >>   2.
    >> *EBook (co-editor), February 2013: World Social Forum: Critical
    >>   Explorations http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/
    >>   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/> *
    >>   3. *Interface Journal Special (co-editor), November 2012: For the Global
    >>   Emancipation of Labour <http://www.interfacejournal.net/current/>*
    >>   4. *Blog: http://www.unionbook.org/profile/peterwaterman.
    >>   <http://www.unionbook.org/profile/peterwaterman.> *
    >>   5. *Interface Journal Special (Co-Editor) Social Movement
    >>   Internationalisms. See Call for Papers <http://www.interfacejournal.
    >> net/>,
    >>   (Deadline: May 1, 2014). *
    >>   6.
    >> *Needed: a Global Labour Charter Movement (2005-Now!)
    >>   <http://interfacejournal.nuim.ie/wordpress/wp-content/
    >> uploads/2010/11/Interface-1-2-pp255-262-Waterman.pdf>*
    >>   7. *Under, Against, Beyond: Labour and Social Movements Confront a
    >>   Globalised, Informatised Capitalism
    >>   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/under-against-beyond/>(2011) Almost
    >> 1,000
    >>   pages of Working Papers, free, from the 1980's-90's.*
    >>   8. *Google Scholar Citation Index:*
    >>    *http://scholar.google.com.pe/citations?user=e0e6Qa4AAAAJ
    >>   <http://scholar.google.com.pe/citations?user=e0e6Qa4AAAAJ> *
    >>

    >>   -

    > LIST INFORMATION:

  • Re: [WSF-Discuss] Paul Craig Roberts and his White Supremacist Appeal

    from book on Aug 25, 2014 09:07 AM
    True, Azril, I cannot name anybody who has the precise answers to these
    questions about alliances. Perhaps it was unwise from my side to bring up
    the example of the so called grand alliance during WWII and those
    well-known names? On the other hand, in a WSF-discussion we cannot avoid
    speaking about "the world", can we?
    But Azril, I am not fixated on Israel and/or the war in Gaza. Maybe Emma
    Rosenthal is, which might explain why she writes about Paul Craig Roberts
    the way she does. I maintain that her article (the one that triggered this
    discussion thread) is slanderous and of poor quality. If you happen to
    know her, pls tell her to do better!
    Kind regards,

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2014, Azril Bacal wrote:

> [...]
    >>> net/>,
    >>>   (Deadline: May 1, 2014). *
    >>>   6.
    >>> *Needed: a Global Labour Charter Movement (2005-Now!)
    >>>   <http://interfacejournal.nuim.ie/wordpress/wp-content/
    >>> uploads/2010/11/Interface-1-2-pp255-262-Waterman.pdf>*
    >>>   7. *Under, Against, Beyond: Labour and Social Movements Confront a
    >>>   Globalised, Informatised Capitalism
    >>>   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/under-against-beyond/>(2011) Almost
    >>> 1,000
    >>>   pages of Working Papers, free, from the 1980's-90's.*
    >>>   8. *Google Scholar Citation Index:*
    >>>    *http://scholar.google.com.pe/citations?user=e0e6Qa4AAAAJ
    >>>   <http://scholar.google.com.pe/citations?user=e0e6Qa4AAAAJ> *
    >>>

    >>>   -

    >> LIST INFORMATION:

    • Re: [WSF-Discuss] Paul Craig Roberts and his White Supremacist Appeal

      from Azril Bacal on Aug 25, 2014 09:26 AM
      Dear Mikael,
      We share the understanding that the WSF is - about "the world" :-)
      Glad to know that you are not fixated on Israel and/or the war in Gaza, as
      plenty of "our people" are.
      No! I don't know Emma. But maybe she reads about our comments concerning
      her views on Paul Craig Roberts, of whom I must humbly admit had no
      previous awareness of his existence. Maybe my comments to you - about
      extending the list of criminal national-states to the Hague International
      Court of Justice might also be pertinent to his proposal fixed on we know
      whom, right?
      I agree with you about it might being unwise to bring the example of the
      so-called "grand alliance" during WW II.

      One challenge at WSF might rather be:
      What on Earth might we envisage and do something about - in the short,
      middle and long shot
      - to give Peace on Earth "a chance" - before it is too late - or?
      Abrazo
      Azril