• Communication commission discussion

Speech on behalf of Julian Assange at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin

de la part de Azril Bacal on 20/02/2024 22:03
Gracias Fabian!
Abrazo
Azril

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Fabian Scheidler <fabian.scheidler@...>
Date: Tue, Feb 20, 2024, 7:37 PM
Subject: Speech on behalf of Julian Assange at the Brandenburg Gate in
Berlin
To: Fabian Scheidler <fabian.scheidler@...>

Dear friends and colleagues,

in view of the ongoing hearing in London and the possible extradition of
Julian Assange, AcTVism Munich has republished my speech delivered at the
Brandenburg Gate in Berlin on World Press Freedom Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoAzCJqdh8c
X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ScheidlerFabian/status/1759985485517119625

The speech was also published by Scheerpost:
https://scheerpost.com/2023/05/05/fabian-scheidler-why-the-release-of-julian-assange-is-crucial-for-our-future/

Here are some quotes:

„If Julian Assange  were extradited and convicted, it would set a dangerous
precedent. Every journalist on Earth in the future would have to fear being
imprisoned for life as a spy for revealing dirty secrets of governments.
That would be the end of freedom of the press as we know it.“

"We live in an inverted, a perverted world. Julian Assange has uncovered
major war crimes as a journalist. But none of the criminals has ever been
charged, let alone convicted. Instead, the man who revealed the crimes has
been incarcerated for four years under inhumane conditions at Belmarsh High
Security Prison. Nils Melzer, UN Special Rapporteur on Torture from 2016 to
2022, concluded that Assange has being tortured by this treatment."

The speech has been published in many other languages, including Spanish,
French, Italian and Portuguese: https://fabianscheidler.com/publications/

With best wishes,
Fabian

Fabian Scheidler
www.fabianscheidler.com
www.end-of-the-megamachine.com

Revenir à la vue par date: par fil or A plat