• Iraq Social Forum

  • Thank you

    from Iraqi social forum on Sep 30, 2013 10:16 AM
    Dear friends

    Hope this e mail finds you well. It was our pleasure, and privilege that
    you came to Baghdad to witness the launch of the first ISF activities. Your
    presence and solidarity with Iraqi peoples’ issues was an additional
    motivation to the activists of the ISF preparatory committee, secretarial,
    and volunteers who worked for months to organize this huge event that was
    able, with our limited resources to attract more than 170 activities that
    dealt with different issues of the Iraqi society, and the registration of
    3000 participant.

    Yes, our Iraqi society is heading towards gathering the efforts into one
    solid unity, as a result of networking that took place during the forum
    between activists and organizations, to turn the page of scattered,
    unorganized civil activity, thus we feel like we are on the right track
    towards “Anther Iraq IS Possible”.

    We also thank our international friends, who couldn’t come to Baghdad for
    one reason or the other, who participated in solidarity activities with
    Iraqi people through a verity of activities that deeply enhanced the
    activists’ enthusiasm, and introduced the people of Iraq’s issues to the
    international public opinion.

    Once again, we thank you for the solidarity that you generously offered the
    Iraqi people by coming to Baghdad, or through the activities of the
    Extended Iraqi Social Forum. We wish that we have been successful in
    reflecting a good image of Iraq and its’ people.

    You all are welcome anytime to your Iraq
    Ali Saheb
    Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    isf.iraq@...
    info@...
    www.iraqsf.org
    skype: ali_ros87
    009647717642238
    009647702685201

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Thank you

    from pierre on Oct 01, 2013 01:17 PM
    Dear ISF Organizing commitee members

    Thank you for your warm message

    It has been a learning and heartening experience to be welcomed to
    contribute, on line, since May, in the endeavour you made, in a very
    difficult context :  to build up an energetic social forum event in Baghdad
    and process in Iraq,

    As explained in your message, the success  visible 26 28th september in
    Baghdad is making  the voices of many facets of iraqi people heard around
    the world in a new networked way : "the social forum way".

    Indeed, after the success of ISF, Iraqi Organizations participating in ISF
    may be feeling  full co-ownership of  the world social forum process, and
    feel encouraged to participate internationally, sharing visions,
    experience, and action plans in other regional and world social forum
    events and processes.
    This intercommmunication process can be starting with those who have
    expressed and will express solidarity with ISF in different ways, that are
    partially captured here
    http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/isfextension-solidarity

    Egyptian social forum for youth,  starting 7th of november in Ismailia,
    http://esfy.org/index.php/en/ is a first significant event ahead, In 2014,
    there are others, announced in  Bosnia Brazil  Canada India and Maghreb, as
    is visible in the calendar here
    http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf2012-support/wsf2013-calendar<http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf2012-support/wsf2013-calendar>

    Mixed with "sending delegates" in those far away events,  "preparing
    extended activities", locally at home, and with international
    organizations found as remote counterparts  may provide a motivating
    experience  to a significant number if iraqi participants . This may be
    contributing to  foster undersandings, solidarities,  and  co operations
    towards “another possible world”

    ISF Extension team, hopefully including more  Iraqis who are now relieved
    from the Baghdad event preparation workload,  may soon exchange about its
    next tasks for the post ISF event period.   As for me, I will be looking
    forward to getting in cooperative situations with you on those occasions

    You have full merits for this great ISF Baghdad 2013 event, which has made
    you "experienced" WSF participants,  feeling collectively more effective
    towards another possible Iraq.

    Best wishes for Iraq Social forum process in the year to come

    Pierre

    2013/9/30 Iraqi social forum <info@...>

    > Dear friends
    >
    > Hope this e mail finds you well. It was our pleasure, and privilege that
    > you came to Baghdad to witness the launch of the first ISF activities. Your
    > presence and solidarity with Iraqi peoples’ issues was an additional
    > motivation to the activists of the ISF preparatory committee, secretarial,
    > and volunteers who worked for months to organize this huge event that was
    > able, with our limited resources to attract more than 170 activities that
    > dealt with different issues of the Iraqi society, and the registration of
    > 3000 participant.
    >
    > Yes, our Iraqi society is heading towards gathering the efforts into one
    > solid unity, as a result of networking that took place during the forum
    > between activists and organizations, to turn the page of scattered,
    > unorganized civil activity, thus we feel like we are on the right track
    > towards “Anther Iraq IS Possible”.
    >
    > We also thank our international friends, who couldn’t come to Baghdad for
    > one reason or the other, who participated in solidarity activities with
    > Iraqi people through a verity of activities that deeply enhanced the
    > activists’ enthusiasm, and introduced the people of Iraq’s issues to the
    > international public opinion.
    >
    > Once again, we thank you for the solidarity that you generously offered
    > the Iraqi people by coming to Baghdad, or through the activities of the
    > Extended Iraqi Social Forum. We wish that we have been successful in
    > reflecting a good image of Iraq and its’ people.
    >
    > You all are welcome anytime to your Iraq
    > Ali Saheb
    > Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    > ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    > isf.iraq@...
    > info@...
    > www.iraqsf.org
    > skype: ali_ros87
    > 009647717642238
    > 009647702685201
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1380536207266<http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2013/09/1380536207266>

  • Re: Thank you

    from tkrockefeller on Oct 02, 2013 06:10 PM
    Dear All,
    It was an honor and a privilege and a truly amazing and glorious experience
    to be with you in Baghdad!  While the toll of violence in your beautiful
    city breaks my heart, I deeply believe there will be a new day of peace,
    human rights, dignity and nonviolence as the youth of Iraq rise up and take
    their positions of leadership!

    Love to all,
    Terry

    On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:05 AM, Iraqi social forum <info@...> wrote:

    > Dear friends
    >
    > Hope this e mail finds you well. It was our pleasure, and privilege that
    > you came to Baghdad to witness the launch of the first ISF activities. Your
    > presence and solidarity with Iraqi peoples’ issues was an additional
    > motivation to the activists of the ISF preparatory committee, secretarial,
    > and volunteers who worked for months to organize this huge event that was
    > able, with our limited resources to attract more than 170 activities that
    > dealt with different issues of the Iraqi society, and the registration of
    > 3000 participant.
    >
    > Yes, our Iraqi society is heading towards gathering the efforts into one
    > solid unity, as a result of networking that took place during the forum
    > between activists and organizations, to turn the page of scattered,
    > unorganized civil activity, thus we feel like we are on the right track
    > towards “Anther Iraq IS Possible”.
    >
    > We also thank our international friends, who couldn’t come to Baghdad for
    > one reason or the other, who participated in solidarity activities with
    > Iraqi people through a verity of activities that deeply enhanced the
    > activists’ enthusiasm, and introduced the people of Iraq’s issues to the
    > international public opinion.
    >
    > Once again, we thank you for the solidarity that you generously offered
    > the Iraqi people by coming to Baghdad, or through the activities of the
    > Extended Iraqi Social Forum. We wish that we have been successful in
    > reflecting a good image of Iraq and its’ people.
    >
    > You all are welcome anytime to your Iraq
    > Ali Saheb
    > Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    > ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    > isf.iraq@...
    > info@...
    > www.iraqsf.org
    > skype: ali_ros87
    > 009647717642238
    > 009647702685201
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1380536207266<http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2013/09/1380536207266>

  • Re: Thank you

    from martinapm on Oct 02, 2013 09:54 PM
    Dear all,

    the ISF has been a wonderful experience, at a personal and at a
    collective level! Ismaeel and I are now spending a week writing articles
    and giving speeches in Italian events on the ISF, so we have little time
    left for emails :-)
    I send you the picture of some people who gathered in Pisa (Italy) today
    to watch pictures and short videos about the ISF. Overall we were about
    25 people, and everybody was amazed by our achievements in Baghdad.
    Ismaeel was in Perugia yesterday for other events on ISF, and is leaving
    for Sicily tomorrow morning. The Extended Iraqi Social Forum continues!
    If you are organizing or have organized events in your countries please
    send a few lines of report and a picture to Toon
    <isf.extensionteam@...>, who's doing the report of the Extended ISF.

    Thanks a lot to all of you and huge congratulations to the Iraqis for
    making a dream come true!!!

    Best
    Martina
    www.unponteper.it

    Il 30/09/13 12:05, Iraqi social forum ha scritto:

    > Dear friends
    >
    > Hope this e mail finds you well. It was our pleasure, and privilege
    > that you came to Baghdad to witness the launch of the first ISF
    > activities. Your presence and solidarity with Iraqi peoples’ issues
    > was an additional motivation to the activists of the ISF preparatory
    > committee, secretarial, and volunteers who worked for months to
    > organize this huge event that was able, with our limited resources to
    > attract more than 170 activities that dealt with different issues of
    > the Iraqi society, and the registration of 3000 participant.
    >
    > Yes, our Iraqi society is heading towards gathering the efforts into
    > one solid unity, as a result of networking that took place during the
    > forum between activists and organizations, to turn the page of
    > scattered, unorganized civil activity, thus we feel like we are on the
    > right track towards “Anther Iraq IS Possible”.
    >
    > We also thank our international friends, who couldn’t come to Baghdad
    > for one reason or the other, who participated in solidarity activities
    > with Iraqi people through a verity of activities that deeply enhanced
    > the activists’ enthusiasm, and introduced the people of Iraq’s issues
    > to the international public opinion.
    >
    > Once again, we thank you for the solidarity that you generously
    > offered the Iraqi people by coming to Baghdad, or through the
    > activities of the Extended Iraqi Social Forum. We wish that we have
    > been successful in reflecting a good image of Iraq and its’ people.
    >
    > You all are welcome anytime to your Iraq
    >
    > Ali Saheb
    > Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    > ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    > isf.iraq@... <mailto:isf.iraq@...>
    > info@... <mailto:info@...>
    > www.iraqsf.org <http://www.iraqsf.org>
    > skype: ali_ros87
    > 009647717642238
    > 009647702685201
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1380536207266
    > <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2013/09/1380536207266>
    > questions.

    • Re: Thank you

      from jnardi on Oct 02, 2013 10:43 PM
      Congratulations to you all !

      >From what I read and hear your success was well earned and the event in the
      true spirit of the Social Forum.  I hope we can meet someday soon.

      In solidarity

      Jason Nardi
      www.socialwatch.org

      On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Martina Pignatti M. <
      martina.pignatti@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > unorganized civil activity, thus we feel like we are on the right track
      > towards “Anther Iraq IS Possible”.
      >
      > We also thank our international friends, who couldn’t come to Baghdad for
      > one reason or the other, who participated in solidarity activities with
      > Iraqi people through a verity of activities that deeply enhanced the
      > activists’ enthusiasm, and introduced the people of Iraq’s issues to the
      > international public opinion.
      >
      > Once again, we thank you for the solidarity that you generously offered
      > the Iraqi people by coming to Baghdad, or through the activities of the
      > Extended Iraqi Social Forum. We wish that we have been successful in
      > reflecting a good image of Iraq and its’ people.
      >
      > You all are welcome anytime to your Iraq
      >   Ali Saheb
      >  Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
      > ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

    • RE: Thank you

      from sabiha ben ammar on Oct 03, 2013 06:56 AM
      Bonjour tout le monde,Grand bravo à tout ceux qui se sont déplacés pour le forum social Irakien et aux Irakiens qui ont su relever le défi d' organiser ce forum avec toutes les difficultés du moment à gérer . GRAND BRAVO ET MERCI POUR CETTE LEÇON DE COURAGE ET DE PERSEVERENCE.
      Sabiha Hamza Ben AmmarCGTT/TUNISIEMobile: 25 931 645

      Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 23:53:12 +0200
      From: martina.pignatti@...
      To: iraq-social-forum-english@...
      Subject: Re: [Iraq Social Forum] Thank you

[...]

              for questions.

      --
      Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1380750841144

    • R: Thank you

      from "Nicola" on Oct 03, 2013 12:45 PM
      Dear All,

      Here following the speech that we have prepared for the plenary session of ISF:

      No matter if you play sports alone, as a form of training for your well being or for a race preparation, or if you compete with another athlete individually or as part of a team for fun or to win the championship, all sport practices are based on the pleasure of running, playing, sweating to reach your goal in competition with the others, but having respect for persons.

      We strongly believe that playing sports, doing basic physical excercise within schools, sports centers, in the parks or in the streets is a key element of a good lifestyle within every community: indeed, it represents an essential part of a healthy education of young people, as well as a good way both to provide leisure time for adults and to keep the elderly active.

      In this spirit, every day of the year, in a country very far from yours, we are committed to ensuring that the citizens of all Italian cities, women and men of all ages and social backgrounds are able to play sports.

      You don't need big or sophisticated sport and fitness facilities.

      You need instead experienced organizers and teachers, the willingness of the institutions in charge and the pleasure to take a challenge from all those that are involved.

      Cities can be and have to become a place where people can play sports and share experiences in order  to build a new citizens’ awareness.

      Sport shouldn’t be just a means to gain approvals or to get the media attention. It is not even a nice ritual able to ensure participation.

      Sport, but mainly sport practice, is an element of self growth that has to accompany people’s lives, from the childhood to the old age.

      Sport is respect for yourself and for the others. It led up to sharing emotions and experiences both with your fellows and with different people, coming from your country or from abroad.

      Sport is respect for the environment that surrounds us: the Earth, the air and the water should be protected as much as the work and a safe work, as well as the respect for all the religious beliefs and, in general, for human being represent a civil growth opportunity for a society struck by the war.

      Sport is an essential means for every society to stress its own traditions, its culture and its level of civilization.

      This might seem to many people just a rhetorical speech, pronounced  by someone that today is faraway, in a safe place. But our commitment for years now to the realization of a sporting event, such as the Erbil Marathon or SAV within the University of Baghdad, organized in strong cooperation with the working groups set up in different Iraqi cities, shows all our desire to make people understand that playing sports represent a form of emancipation for everyone.

      It should not serve any other purpose, it has not less dignity than any other social or cultural issue or activity. That's why we think that it shouldn't be just an opening or closing moment for another event. This is the reason why we feel sorry about the lacking attention given to sport also within the ISF program.

      But we believe that time will prove that we are right and with the commitment of all, we will realize our purposes, making the most of the opportunities that we have today and that we hope will become experiences entrenched among citizens.

      We are close to your efforts and we would like to thank in particular the Rector of the University of Baghdad for the involvement and openness proved until now.

      dott. Nicola Visconti President of ASD SPORT AGAINST VIOLENCE ITALY

      prof Giuseppe D'Agostino President of ASD Università Popolare dello Sport ROME