• Daket EN1 Zambia

  • Starting our working list

    from facilitfsm on Nov 30, 2010 10:31 AM
    Hello

    Sara (Anglophone Facilitation Team) , Lise(FT Dakar), Distric Women Association from Chongwe, Cheikeh ( Dakar) Ibu (FT Dakar) Zindikilani, Kabaso

    This is a workng listserve where to  prepare  two  WSF2011 extended activities  from Zambia - see who is here:
    http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/lists/daket-en1-zambia/membership

    Projected activities are described in this page :
    http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/daket-en1

    They maybe   videomeeting 2 or 3 hours  ("distance encounter activity"),  and also local discussions in Zambia  ( "local activities" )

    As you can see, Activity Description is at initial stage and will evolve as we proceed in this list serve and also in a corresponding kype chat room  ( send photos , and internet links to present the organisations involved !)

    These activities are self organized by the involved actors, who will register them in fsm2011.org website,   acceptance of world social forum charter of principles is required  , WSF particpation fee is on voluntary basis.

    As soon emails and inasmuch possible skype users  from  the directly  involved groups  in Palabana, Mazyopa, Mmisisi are known, they will be included  in the listserve and chatroom, so that a continuous communication channel is established

    Also we can  also schedule a video meeting with Dakar extended team
    http://openfsm.net/projects/dakar-etendu/equipe-team
     in dakar and see together where and how to look for partnersfor these two activities, whether in Dakar or in other parts of Africa   and arrange for a first contact before WSF event, in order to prepare together and make the best of the activity time during WSF

    Looking forward to our cooperation towards extended participation from Zambia in WSF2011!
    ;-)
    Sara & Pierre

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Starting our working list

    from longwe5000 on Nov 30, 2010 05:30 PM
    Dear Comrades,

    Thanks Pierre for the information on how we should navigate ourselves in the
    Zambian skype chat room - D*aket En1 Zambia*.

    I would like to add Kiss Abrahams to the list because, as you know, he
    manages our ZAMSOF web-site and listserve He is also willing to work on the
    ict componet of the video-link here in Lusaka. during WSF.

    His contact are:
    skype: kissabrahams;
    email: kiss_abrahams@....

    The Zambian team should have a trial chat within this week. What is the best
    day and time?

    Sara

    On 30 November 2010 12:31, <facilitfsm@...> wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Sara (Anglophone Facilitation Team) , Lise(FT Dakar), Distric Women
    > Association from Chongwe, Cheikeh ( Dakar) Ibu (FT Dakar) Zindikilani,
    > Kabaso
    >
    > This is a workng listserve where to  prepare  two  WSF2011 extended
    > activities  from Zambia - see who is here:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/lists/daket-en1-zambia/membership
    >
    > Projected activities are described in this page :
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/daket-en1
    >
    > They maybe   videomeeting 2 or 3 hours  ("distance encounter activity"),
    >  and also local discussions in Zambia  ( "local activities" )
    >
    > As you can see, Activity Description is at initial stage and will evolve as
    > we proceed in this list serve and also in a corresponding kype chat room  (
    > send photos , and internet links to present the organisations involved !)
    >
    > These activities are self organized by the involved actors, who will
    > register them in fsm2011.org website,   acceptance of world social forum
    > charter of principles is required  , WSF particpation fee is on voluntary
    > basis.
    >
    > As soon emails and inasmuch possible skype users  from  the directly
    >  involved groups  in Palabana, Mazyopa, Mmisisi are known, they will be
    > included  in the listserve and chatroom, so that a continuous communication
    > channel is established
    >
    > Also we can  also schedule a video meeting with Dakar extended team
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/dakar-etendu/equipe-team
    >  in dakar and see together where and how to look for partnersfor these two
    > activities, whether in Dakar or in other parts of Africa   and arrange for a
    > first contact before WSF event, in order to prepare together and make the
    > best of the activity time during WSF
    >
    > Looking forward to our cooperation towards extended participation from
    > Zambia in WSF2011!
    > ;-)
    > Sara & Pierre
    >
    > --
    > Archive:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/lists/daket-en1-zambia/archive/2010/11/1291113085436

    Longwe Clarke & Associates
    Development Consultants
    36 Villa Wanga, Chelston. P.O. 37090, Lusaka, Zambia
    Tel: +260-1-283484/283646; Fax: 260-1-283646; Cell: +260 97 786915
    E-mail: sararoy@...

    • Towards next week meeting

      from facilitfsm on Dec 03, 2010 10:56 AM
      Dear Sara , Suz , Kiss and others

      following on the message sent yesterday
      http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/lists/daket-en1-zambia/archive/2010/11/1291113085436/forum_view

      This morning  Firday  we had a first exchange with Suz in the skype chat room
      daket en1 zambia and on the phone , and the Kiss came when i had to leave

      it seems that this conversation has helped Suz to understand more clearly the
      main focus of dakar /wsf extneded  : develop the self organized practice of
      social forum participatory and encounter human experiences beyond distances

      An invitation to particpate in thee ways ( having local activities,  attendind
      remotely activities in dakar , and having encounters with groups in dakar)  is
      extended worldwide , several groups or  convergences of groups are welcome to
      answer it from zambia

      related to
      http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/daket-en1
      which is the focus of the listserve we are in now

      Sara suggested  that inasmuch possibe the groups would directly be organizers
      of the activities, of course with adequate support from local and dakar
      facilitators  and i personnaly share this approach

       Besides this specific initiative other initiatives than this one are possible
       from a variety of groups involved in WSF process  -   so welcome to daket en3
      daket en4  etc ..from zambia  (the number are the general chronological order
      of actiity announcement in the anglophone area ) ..

      i understand a meeting  related to ZASoFwhere participants might assess their
      activiy organizing role or liaising/ facilitating role related to this WSF
      extended invitation is scheduled next week

      And daket en1 will be one topic among others possible

      ah one important detail - for the time being the list is public on internet
      meaning that what is written stays accessible on internet  here
      http://openfsm.net/projects/wsf-extended/lists/daket-en1-zambia

       it is very easy to turn back the list private  so the next inputs will not be
      recorded in the archive of the list

      if we maintain the list archive public the skype room can be a better place
      for communicating personal data email phone number etc..

      i stay available for discussion on this list, or on the skype chat group, or
      on the phone

      Best
      Pierre