• WSF Extended info

Re: meeting in Dhaka august 5 via skype and livevideo

from Abu Rayhan Al-Beeroonee on Aug 03, 2011 09:08 AM
Wonderful and thank you
AB

On 2 August 2011 20:08, <facilitfsm@...> wrote:

> Dear Fellows in SASF
>
> Greetings and wishes from SASF Secretariat
> .
> An important preparatory meeting for South Asia social forum event (18-22
> November ) will be held shortly in Dhaka on 05 August, 2011 ( 10am to 18am
> UTC +6h) with the participation of the representatives from all the South
> Asian countries.
>
> In accordance with the decisions of our January meet in Dhaka, we have been
> going ahead with necessary preparatory work at different levels.
> If you are participants in SASF process who cannot come physically to Dhaka
> , and are nevertheless interested to participate in this meeting, we have
> good news ! :
>
>  This SASF preparatory meeting in Dhaka is enlarged on internet in order to
> include you as remote participants from all over South Asia and abroad :
>
> -video stream from Dhaka : the meeting will be broadcasted in live video in
> English by Shatil
>
> -written chat to Dhaka : a permanent chat room moderated by Musfik or Masha
> and started before the meeting will allow comments and inputs from remote
> participants.
>  Please inform us of your intention to participate remotely in this meeting
> through internet by simply contacting, as of now, the skype user
> "sasfbd.extension",
>
> As soon as you have done this, Musfik or Masha will usher you in the
>  English speaking chat room called  “Preparation meeting Dhaka August 5th -
> south Asia Social Forum”.
>
> There you can interact with other remote participants before the meeting
> and during it , while viewing the live video of discussions in Dhaka , and
> you can make inputs that Musfik or Masha will voice during discussion rounds
> in the meeting.
>

>  This invitation  is also an occasion to announce that SASF intends be
>  inasmuch possible, an “extended” event, open and friendly to local and
> remote participation via collective use of internet , with the internet
> support and connectivity of the university venue in Dhaka , and the
> facilitation of an “extension committee”.
> Please contact us, the earlier the better : sasfbd.extension  on
> gmail.com if your organization or network intends to, or is interested by
> :
>

> - organize local SASF activities outside Dhaka during SASF days, or
> - organize enlargement on internet of its activities in SASF Dhaka (in the
> same way as for this august 5th meeting) , in order to allow remote
> participation from outside, or
> - organize “distance encounters” by videolink between your delegates in
> SASF Dhaka event, and local groups elsewhere ,
>
> Also visit the internet space for more information on extension of SASF
> event :
> http://openfsm.net/projects/sasf-bangladesh-extended
>
> On behalf of SASF Secretariat
>
> Muhammad Hilaluddin
>

> --
> [...]

Abu Rayhan Al-Beeroonee
CEO, Shelter for the Poor and
Coordinator
WAI Bangladesh Steering Committee

*Street Address:*
House:20/28 [Ground Floor], Block-B, Babar Road, Mohammadpur,
Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh
Blogsite: http://shelterforthepoor.blogspot.com/
Website: www.shelterforthepoor.org
albeeroonee@...
Phone/ Fax:+88-02-9138862, Cell:88-01715-259048
*We are open: Sunday to Thursday*
"Shelter is a Human Right"*

*Think before you print
Save paper & Power..Save Environment...*

*We are Member of:
Habitat International Coalition-HIC
International Alliance of Inhabitants-IAI
World Assembly of Inhabitants-WAI Bangladesh
Housing & Land Rights Networks-HLRN
Leaders and Organizers of Community Organization in Asia-LOCOA
Association of Development Agencies in Bangladesh-ADAB*
*Bangladesh Housing and Land Rights Forum*

Return to date view: threaded or flat