• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to participate in the process for organising it

    from vica on May 02, 2013 02:17 PM
    Dear all,
    A reminder that the following meeting is planned for tomorrow:

    Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to participate in the process for organising it

    Following the participation of GlobalSquare to the World Social Forum in Tunis, we would like to discuss further the issue of the participation of individuals from the social movements in such events.
    In particular with regards to the World Social Forum we will be discussing, the significance of such an event, if it is worth engaging in the organising process for the next one, and if so in what way.
    We welcome also people who were not at the Forum to share their ideas and concerns by taking part in this online meeting, or adding comments to the pads :

    Agenda & Minutes pad: http://titanpad.com/globalsquare11
    Discussion pad: http://titanpad.com/Cc2DXOM7vW

    (If we have time for it, we will also run through the international events planned in the next 2 months)

    Friday 3rd of May at 7pm UK time, 8pm Continental Europe
    Check local time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

    Server: Occupytalk.org > Assemblies & roundtables > OPEN SPACE
    How to join Mumble: http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to participate in the process for organising it

    from shawn on May 02, 2013 05:54 PM
    It would be helpful to have these texts on the website, so that we can link to them on social media --

    I would take direct action and do this myself, but I don't have access to the site, so I have to petition someone to someone to do it for me... :[

    woe is me…

    ⨳
    Shawn

    On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Ludovica Rogers wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > A reminder that the following meeting is planned for tomorrow:
    >
    > Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to participate in the process for organising it
    >
    > Following the participation of GlobalSquare to the World Social Forum in Tunis, we would like to discuss further the issue of the participation of individuals from the social movements in such events.
    > In particular with regards to the World Social Forum we will be discussing, the significance of such an event, if it is worth engaging in the organising process for the next one, and if so in what way.
    > We welcome also people who were not at the Forum to share their ideas and concerns by taking part in this online meeting, or adding comments to the pads :
    >
    > Agenda & Minutes pad: http://titanpad.com/globalsquare11
    > Discussion pad: http://titanpad.com/Cc2DXOM7vW
    >
    > (If we have time for it, we will also run through the international events planned in the next 2 months)
    >
    > Friday 3rd of May at 7pm UK time, 8pm Continental Europe
    > Check local time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
    >
    > Server: Occupytalk.org (http://Occupytalk.org) > Assemblies & roundtables > OPEN SPACE
    > How to join Mumble: http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1367504227051 (http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/05/1367504227051)

    • Re: Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to participate in the process for organising it

      from Marisa Holmes on May 02, 2013 05:58 PM
      I'll be at work tomorrow afternoon, but I'm excited this is happening.

      Marisa

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Shawn Carrié <shawn@...> wrote:

      > It would be helpful to have these texts on the website, so that we can
      > link to them on social media --
      >
      > I would take direct action and do this myself, but I don't have access to
      > the site, so I have to petition someone to someone to do it for me... :[
      >
      > woe is me…
      >
      > ⨳
      > Shawn
      >
      > On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Ludovica Rogers wrote:
      >
      > Dear all,
      > A reminder that the following meeting is planned for tomorrow:
      >
      > *Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to
      > participate in the process for organising it*
      >
      > Following the participation of GlobalSquare to the World Social Forum in
      > Tunis, we would like to discuss further the issue of the participation of
      > individuals from the social movements in such events.
      > In particular with regards to the World Social Forum we will be
      > discussing, the significance of such an event, if it is worth engaging in
      > the organising process for the next one, and if so in what way.
      > We welcome also people who were not at the Forum to share their ideas and
      > concerns by taking part in this online meeting, or adding comments to the
      > pads :
      >
      > Agenda & Minutes pad: http://titanpad.com/globalsquare11
      > Discussion pad: http://titanpad.com/Cc2DXOM7vW
      >
      > (If we have time for it, we will also run through the international events
      > planned in the next 2 months)
      >
      > *Friday 3rd of May at 7pm UK time, 8pm Continental Europe*
      > Check local time here:
      > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
      >
      > Server: Occupytalk.org > Assemblies & roundtables > OPEN SPACE
      > How to join Mumble: http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1367504227051<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/05/1367504227051>

      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1367517297943<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/05/1367517297943>

      • Re: Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to participate in the process for organising it

        from Rose Brewer on May 02, 2013 06:02 PM
        Is this noon central time?  Rose

        On 5/2/13, Marisa Holmes <marisaholmes@...> wrote:
        > I'll be at work tomorrow afternoon, but I'm excited this is happening.
        >
        > Marisa
        >

        > On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Shawn Carrié <shawn@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> It would be helpful to have these texts on the website, so that we can
        >> link to them on social media --
        >>
        >> I would take direct action and do this myself, but I don't have access to
        >> the site, so I have to petition someone to someone to do it for me... :[
        >>
        >> woe is me…
        >>
        >> ⨳
        >> Shawn
        >>
        >> On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Ludovica Rogers wrote:
        >>
        >> Dear all,
        >> A reminder that the following meeting is planned for tomorrow:
        >>
        >> *Open discussion about the future of the WSF and possibilities to
        >> participate in the process for organising it*
        >>
        >> Following the participation of GlobalSquare to the World Social Forum in
        >> Tunis, we would like to discuss further the issue of the participation of
        >> individuals from the social movements in such events.
        >> In particular with regards to the World Social Forum we will be
        >> discussing, the significance of such an event, if it is worth engaging in
        >> the organising process for the next one, and if so in what way.
        >> We welcome also people who were not at the Forum to share their ideas and
        >> concerns by taking part in this online meeting, or adding comments to the
        >> pads :
        >>
        >> Agenda & Minutes pad: http://titanpad.com/globalsquare11
        >> Discussion pad: http://titanpad.com/Cc2DXOM7vW
        >>
        >> (If we have time for it, we will also run through the international
        >> events
        >> planned in the next 2 months)
        >>
        >> *Friday 3rd of May at 7pm UK time, 8pm Continental Europe*
        >> Check local time here:
        >> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
        >>
        >> Server: Occupytalk.org > Assemblies & roundtables > OPEN SPACE
        >> How to join Mumble: http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join
        >>

        >> --
        >> Archive:
        >> http://openfsm.net/[…]/1367504227051<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/05/1367504227051>
        >>

        >> --
        >> Archive:
        >> http://openfsm.net/[…]/1367517297943<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/05/1367517297943>

        > Archive:
        > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2013/05/1367517528357

    • tonight meeting link in the website

      from mariangela on May 03, 2013 08:37 AM
      http://www.global-square.net/?p=1147
      invitation to the meeting tonight is on the website

      Mariangela