• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Report from Turkey and international mobilisations

    from Orsan Senalp on Jun 01, 2013 04:29 PM
    Report from Turkey: A Taste of Tahrir at Taksim | The
    Bullet<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/report-from-turkey-a-taste-of-tahrir-at-taksim-the-bullet/>

    by Sungur Savran

    Istanbul has become a battlefield covered by tear gas. The police, no doubt
    at the behest of the Prime Minister Tayyip
    Erdogan<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayyip_Erdogan> and
    his AKP government, have been attacking protestors in the centre of the
    city, near Taksim Square, for five consecutive days. This would have been
    no news at all: Turkish police are famous for their brutality in dealing
    with demonstrations unwelcome to the government. Only a month ago, on May
    Day, they had dispersed a gathering of thousands of workers and unionists using
    tear gas<http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/05/20135182126152671.html>unsparingly.
    So nothing new on the police front. This time is different for another
    reason.

    [Source: occupygezipics.tumblr.com]

    Continue reading
    →<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/report-from-turkey-a-taste-of-tahrir-at-taksim-the-bullet/#more-4483>

    http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/report-from-turkey-a-taste-of-tahrir-at-taksim-the-bullet/#more-4483

    Networked Uprisings | Protests around the world on the 1st of June, 2013,
    and how it’s all
    connected<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/networked-uprisings-protests-around-the-world-on-the-1st-of-june-2013-and-how-its-all-connected/>

    *by Jasper Teunissen*

    Of course I don’t have to explain to you why people are rising up today.
    Even Wolfgang Schäuble, German finance minister, knows:

    Warning of “catastrophe,” Schäuble said, “We need to be more successful in
    our fight against youth unemployment; otherwise, we will lose the battle
    for Europe’s unity.”* **Reuters* reports: While Germany insists on the
    importance of budget consolidation, Schaeuble spoke of the need to preserve
    Europe’s welfare model. If U.S. welfare standards were introduced in
    Europe, “we would have revolution, not tomorrow, but on the very same day,”
    Schaeuble told a conference in Paris. (Common
    Dreams<http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/05/29-6> /
    29-5-13)

    Deep down inside he knows that the wealth of the world belongs to us all.
    So his fear is deserved. He doesn’t even know the magnitude and beauty of
    what he is afraid of.

    The date of #J1 has been circulating for months already. The
    Blockupy<http://blockupy-frankfurt.org/> protests,
    a second attempt to close down the European Central Bank in Frankfurt, were
    announced long time ago. In Spain a new wave of Marea
    Ciudadana<http://mareaciudadana.blogspot.com.es/> is
    planned for today, while Portugal will stage a new round of Fuck the
    Troika<http://queselixeatroika15setembro.blogspot.pt/> protests,
    in the United States people will reoccupy Zucotti
    Park<http://www.occupyhomecoming.net/>today.
    The ongoing escalation <https://www.rebelmouse.com/OccupyGezi/> in Turkey
    fits perfectly: it has been boiling there for decades, and now the hearts
    of the people are all opening up, releasing all the pain and anger, making
    space to fill it with fresh blood and passion for life.

    Continue reading
    →<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/networked-uprisings-protests-around-the-world-on-the-1st-of-june-2013-and-how-its-all-connected/#more-4480>

    On 1 June 2013 10:06, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

    > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=478299292250031&set=a.478299275583366.1073743145.185831234830173&type=1&relevant_count=1
    >

    > follow Turkish Revolution on:
    >
    > http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/
    >
    > https://www.rebelmouse.com/OccupyGezi/
    >
    > Twitter:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DirenGeziParki&src=hash
    >
    > https://twitter.com/search?q=occupygezi&src=typd
    >
    > Lvestream:http://www.livestream.com/revoltistanbul

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Report from Turkey and international mobilisations

    from Mark Barrett on Jun 02, 2013 09:25 PM
    Cheers Orsan! republished with link to solidarity statements and excellent
    Rebel Mouse link at http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/2013/06/occupy-gezi/

    *Enfield Faith and Community School*
    FB* http://www.facebook.com/NorthLondonFreeSchool*<http://www.facebook.com/NorthLondonFreeSchool>
    Follow on Twitter