• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Brazilian Revolution (today)

    from Bernardo Gutiérrez on Jun 17, 2013 03:45 PM
    Hello you all

    As I suppose you know, Brazil is waking up. Last week has been quite
    intense and different. All began with a quite classical protest againts the
    increasing of the transport fee in São Paulo. The media manipulation around
    the protest and the use of tear gas and the brutal repression transformed
    this in a national affair. A lot of cities in Brazil started protesting
    about public transport. But the most interesting is that networks connected
    other questions and people began reclaiming about everything.  Againts
    world cup. Health. Education. Violence. Civic rights. Mass media, as It
    happened in Turkey, almost ignored the revolution. And social media is on
    fire. I had never seen anything like this in Brazil. I don´t know if we can
    speak yet about a Brazilian Spring, but we are near.
    In some way, last year has been a networked year in Brazil, people doing
    things beyond old structures, from the netwoks to the streets.

    I have published a text in SPanish (in Eldiario.es) about this
    http://www.facebook.com/events/388686977904556/392821894157731/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

    At the moment, I dont see many texts in English speaking what is happening.
    Just violence, and riots.

    Today there is a big big protest in Sao Paulo. More than 240.000 people
    confirmed. Protests confirmend in 100 cities the whole planet . It will
    start at 17.00 Brasil ( 20.000 GMT)
    http://www.facebook.com/events/388686977904556/392830980823489/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

    So, please, keep an eye on it and help divulgating. Some hashtags that are
    working:

    #passelivre
    #OGiganteAcordou
    #PrimaveraBrasileira
    #CopaPraQuem
    #OcupaCopa
    #17J
    #RevogueoAumento
    #BrazilianSpring

    In fact, we are looking for a new one. Feel free to use others.

    We will have the html codes of the streaming. If you want to use it, just
    tell me

    Best!

    #OccupyEverything

    Bernardo

    --
    www.futuramedia.net  <http://www.bernardogutierrez.es>
    www.codigo-abierto.cc

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Brazilian Revolution (today)

    from mariangela on Jun 17, 2013 04:15 PM
    there will be an action in front of the Brasilian Embassy tomorrow 18j in Madrid at 5 pm

    Mariangela