• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Re: [Squares] Brazilian Revolution (today)

    from T_indignadx on Jun 17, 2013 07:58 PM
    Hello Bernardo thanks very much for the update
    I found a couple of texts in english like this one:
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/352466

    A guy in a course that I am taking is producing video in english explaining
    us what goes on https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v
    =AIBYEXLGdSg
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3-PWM9uuGI&feature=share

    Please spread, we really want to witness and support a Brazilian Spring!!!
    Best

    On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Bernardo Gutiérrez <
    bernardobrasil@...> wrote:

    > Hello you all
    >
    > As I suppose you know, Brazil is waking up. Last week has been quite
    > intense and different. All began with a quite classical protest againts the
    > increasing of the transport fee in São Paulo. The media manipulation around
    > the protest and the use of tear gas and the brutal repression transformed
    > this in a national affair. A lot of cities in Brazil started protesting
    > about public transport. But the most interesting is that networks connected
    > other questions and people began reclaiming about everything.  Againts
    > world cup. Health. Education. Violence. Civic rights. Mass media, as It
    > happened in Turkey, almost ignored the revolution. And social media is on
    > fire. I had never seen anything like this in Brazil. I don´t know if we can
    > speak yet about a Brazilian Spring, but we are near.
    > In some way, last year has been a networked year in Brazil, people doing
    > things beyond old structures, from the netwoks to the streets.
    >
    > I have published a text in SPanish (in Eldiario.es) about this
    >
    > http://www.facebook.com/events/388686977904556/392821894157731/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity
    >
    > At the moment, I dont see many texts in English speaking what is
    > happening. Just violence, and riots.
    >

    > Today there is a big big protest in Sao Paulo. More than 240.000 people
    > confirmed. Protests confirmend in 100 cities the whole planet . It will
    > start at 17.00 Brasil ( 20.000 GMT)
    > http://www.facebook.com/events/388686977904556/392830980823489/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity
    >
    > So, please, keep an eye on it and help divulgating. Some hashtags that are
    > working:
    >
    > #passelivre
    > #OGiganteAcordou
    > #PrimaveraBrasileira
    > #CopaPraQuem
    > #OcupaCopa
    > #17J
    > #RevogueoAumento
    > #BrazilianSpring
    >
    > In fact, we are looking for a new one. Feel free to use others.
    >
    > We will have the html codes of the streaming. If you want to use it, just
    > tell me
    >
    > Best!
    >
    > #OccupyEverything
    >
    > Bernardo
    >

    > --
    > www.futuramedia.net  <http://www.bernardogutierrez.es>
    > www.codigo-abierto.cc
    > www.bernardogutierrez.es
    > http://blogs.20minutos.es/codigo-abierto
    >  <http://www.bernardogutierrez.es>@bernardosampa (twitter)
    > São Paulo +55 11 43044380 (fijo) +55 11 84881620 (celular)
    > Madrid +34 669 098365

  • Re: Re: [Squares] Brazilian Revolution (today)

    from David Leal Garcia on Jun 17, 2013 10:21 PM
    check this Brazil-world event!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/551482894889876/553009018070597/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity
    they are in need of translators by the way! they are adamant to globalize
    the struggle as well. ç
    and if you may know any hot developper out there, put them in contact with
    these people.
    building up some crowdmap and gallery pic like it was done at geziglobal
    .tk could be a game changer
    and it´s not that tough to do!
    cheers all, and thanks Bernardo for the update!
    keep it up!