• Communication commission discussion

Re: [Wsfic_fsmci] Re : Virtual meeting TODAY at 16.00 Paris time

de parte de rita freire en 18/01/2011 23:46
 Giuseppe, Jason, Com Comand IC friends
(Giuseppe - We're translating your article to share your ideias next little
meeting of Ciranda in São Paulo
Also your proposal, Jason.)

I agree that the path we tread is a bit too naive and romantic to the
dimension of the WSF. At the same time I don't think this will be resolved
chasing every new tool or the mainstream media, but rather seeking to
articulate ourselves with creative movements and militant fronts, fighting
for the democratization of communication in the world (And expressing it
through the communication of the WSF).

How we do it?

The space of the WSF should be appropriate for this debate. Not (just) as a
working group but as part of the process.
 I'd like to share the information that we're going to be part of 2
activities in the WSF in order to share ideas about these questions.
One of them is a seminar called by Ritimo and coorganized with some
alternative media  (Feb, 8)
Another  will be made with Boaventura (and Intervozes, from Brazil, and
FemNet, Africa) and .... , about the shared communication in times of
wikileaks (Feb, 9)

Maybe, as Com Com Group, we should identify all the discussions on
communication in the WSF and join them. Also disseminate them. How about
produce produce a small folder about them?

It would be great a meeting of Com Com before the IC and after general
debates on communication.

I'd like to ask your attencion for the Assemblies guidance.

Who is thinking to call something related with communication? We are
seriously thinking about
Let's to coordenate each other to build a common calendar (if not a common
assembly, and why not?)

Rita

>>> communication-commission-discussion-manager@... for
>>> questions.
>>>

>> --
>> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1295343214390<http://openfsm.net/projects/communication-commission/lists/communication-commission-discussion/archive/2011/01/1295343214390>

>> questions.
>>

> --
> Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
> Post-Doctoral Researcher
> Centre of Excellence in Global Governance Research - University of Helsinki
> PO Box 4 (Yliopistonkatu, 3)
> 00014 Helsinki - Finland
> email: giu.caruso@...
> giuseppe.caruso@...
> tel. +358 9191 23525
>
> Teaching Fellow (on leave)
> School of Oriental and African Studies
> University of London

Regresar a la vista por fechas: Hilado o llano