• Contacto - grupo practical info

  • some practical question and answer for inclusion in next newsletter

    from pierre4 on Feb 19, 2009 11:22 AM
    hello

    it appears that  reporting has not been contemplated by belem organising
    committee and  i suggest that comcom offer a decentralized  frame for this
    not knowing what was the  talk  between jason and thiago about next
    newsletter in belem, i give here some suggestions

    in starting phase this frame can be implemented overnight (  mainly
    translation of this text and creation of relato-fsm space and some links,
    the form in result space is already in place )
    see the last paragraph about strenghtening the reporting group of comcom

    ;-)
    Pierre

    proposal of text for bulletin
    "answers to  5 practical questions  that wsf participant worldwide can have
    about the follow up of wsf2009 "

    1- where to find the  belem 30 final assemblies report and contact ? :
    answer  : in belem site and   in result-fsm space in openfsm
    there is a  table with name of assemblies that expressed the last day  -
    and link to contacts - and link to the declaration  and 10 line synthesis -
    in openfsm a  fsm-calendar page   will give a global view of dates and
    events scheduled in 2009 2010
    for more information write to result-fsm list
    people inside this space are from the reporting group of communcation
    commission and will update the table with your indication

    2- where to find other results concretized  in fsm2009? :
    answer :in result -fsm space
    if your results were not included in the declarations of one assembly among
    the 30 that took place,   you can send a form with your results see link
    here ( in result- fsm2009 )
    people inside this space are from the reporting group of communcation
    commission and will update the table with your indication

    3- where to find directory of other reports from activities in fsm2009 ?:
    Answer  : a space in  openfsm :  relato- fsm2009  will act as a directory
    for the reports  received  with a table of activities  by objectives - with
    link to contact - and link to report and follow up pages.spaces where
    reports and photos can be found
    to update this table with your report ,  send  a message to its mailing
    list  here :
    people inside this space are from the reporting group of communcation
    commission and will update the table with your indication

    internal  note
    starting from scratch ,then organizing a bit
    the base directory could be buit from  the 2000 activity list  divided by
    objectives ( files are available in facilitator space)  , ( 11 list of 200
    activities )  and also some general categories  - youth camp - streets of
    forum -
    the blog of fsm-relato  (or the blog of a specific open space  fsm-blog
    could be open to public ,
    handling this directory may also include censing documents that appeared
    over the internet and creating links to them
    job that thiago made on wsf2008 -

    4- where to report and follow up on my activity in fsm2009 ?
    there were around 1500 activitiesheld in belem and reorting them is a
    contribution to the richness of the process and will help making contacts
    during the years to come
    you may have already your site or a space on internet where to report
     if it is not the case You are welcome
    -post a message on the open blog   relatoblog-fsm ( specific space )
    -use  geographical space created in openfsm where participants can share
    their impression and reports  ( see list of those sapce in the relato-fsm
    space)
    -use openfsm to create your own  follow up space for your sucessful
    activities - register on openfsm and create a new space  here  (link)
    you can put text and photos and link ot video that you can upload in
    wsftv.net and invite people that came to your activity and left their
    email, to continue  on line

    5- where to find guidance on using openfsm? ( 1200 people already
    subscribed )
    in openfsm you can
     create and animate an "assemby" space
    ( inviting people that particpated in the assembly and giving updates of
    next steps about proposals listed in the assembly declaration )
    create  a space to "followup" on a successful activity
    (uploading your reports and inviting people that left their contact  t
    continue discussion etc..)
    to get  information and guidance
    -visual and text documentation is available here : (link)
    -also click  on "contact" in any page of the site and explain your question
    -or go to wsf internet training and ask for a live  training session on
    skype( link)

    internally to comcom

    i suggest to gear up the reporting-GT of comcom  to face the work load in
    result-fsm and relato-fsm
    people from comcom  can just subscribe here :
    http://openfsm.net/projects/communication-commission/lists/reporting-gt
    this list can act as a back office working list

    while "discussion list " of  result-fsm and relato-fsm spaces  (where the
    same people would be members) will serve as front desk
    non member of site can post to these list ( messages are received by list
    administrators who are theonly one receiving the spam , and not directly in
    their mailing box )

    also strenghthening "online participation  gt "  will help ........

                                                    Pour :   practical-info-gt@...
                                                       cc :  Pierre George <pierregrg@...>, Monica Di Sisto
                                                    <monicadisisto@...>
                          Jason Nardi                  Objet :    [Practical info GT] Re: what is deadline for next newsletter ?
                          <jason.nardi@gmai
                          l.com>

                          19/02/2009 09:30
                          Veuillez répondre
                          practical-info-gt

    Hi

    Thiago, if you could work on the draft for today, as we had defined in
    Belem... then maybe by tomorrow (20 days after the Forum's end) we could
    send it, at least in Portuguese.  I woudn't wait another week if possible.

    I can have a look at it this evening.

    Jason

    2009/2/19 Pierre George <pierregrg@...>
          hello everybody
          let us clarify deadline and items , under legutimate conduction of
          thiago ;-)

          Pierre

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    La chaîne de caractères suivante vous permet de vérifier l'authenticité du
    message auprès de l'émetteur :
    E64BCF09322BE9A86EF822DD0201E307
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    #
    " This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited."

     " Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles. Si vous n'etes  pas le destinataire escompte, merci d'en informer l'expediteur immediatement et de detruire ce courriel  ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre systeme informatique. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie du present courriel et des documents attaches sans autorisation prealable de son emetteur est interdite."
    #

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: some practical question and answer for inclusion in next newsletter

    from fsmsite on Feb 19, 2009 04:07 PM
    Hi,

    I'm sending below the draft zero of the newsletter. Draft 1 (with items
    3 and 4 introductory text) will come in a few hours, after the office
    meeting with LG people that'll probably take the whole afternoon.

    I'll send until the end of the day a "control" table to Monica (as
    agreed last com chat, we'll work on that) with translations checklist,
    contacts and files that we already have and the ones what we don't have.
    And volunteers for all the translations we have to make are always
    welcome (write in PVT if you're available or know someone that can help
    in the next days).

    I still have doubts if the "results" is the same as "assemblies". And
    are the recipients of this message here representative enough to
    discuss/decide about results, assemblies and others? I preffer to
    separate it in two different items.

    Besides, I find particularly very confusing to double post assemblies
    results in OpenFSM and fsm2009amazonia, but if you decide that and can
    manage both, it's ok to me.

    Least, but not last, I'm still very concerned with OpenFSM being
    "colonized" by several WSF 2009 spaces, becoming just a WSF 2009 memory
    site (as wsfprocess).

    all the best,

    *1) World Social Forum 2009: expressing alternatives from the Amazon heart*

    During six days in the beginning of 2009, citizens, movements and
    organizations from 142 countries gathered in the city of Belem for the
    IX World Social Forum. Panels, debates, seminars, cultural activities,
    marches, demonstrations, meetings and open spaces for direct
    interactions among 113 thousands participants that attended this edition
    of the centralized WSF event in the heart of the Amazon region.

    Participants came from the five continents. Among the 5808
    organizations, 489 came from Africa,155 from North America, 119 from
    Central Americal, 334 from Asia, 4193 from South America and 27 from
    Oceania. 1300 indigenous peoples coming from 50 countries gave the
    originary peoples accent to this year WSF, representing the most
    significant participation of indigenous peoples in the whole WSF history.

    *2) WSF 2009 sixth day: the collective expression of another possible world*

    In the sixth day of the WSF 2009, the central stage of UFRA
    (Universidade Federal Rural do Amazonas, part of WSF territory) gathered
    thousands of activists and representatives coming from decentralized
    assemblies to the final Assembly, where results and declarations of the
    WSF activities and meetings were presented to the world.

    Visit this link to read the results of the assemblies:
    http://www.fsm2009amazonia.org.br/programme/alliance-day/results-of-assemblies

    [WE DON'T HAVE THE CORRESPONDENT ABOVE LINK VERSION IN FRENCH YET]

    *3) Other results of WSF*

    *[TEXT SUGGESTED BY ANNETTE:]*

    You are very welcome to send your results, initiatives and declarations
    from seminars and other activities the World social forum 2009 in Belém
    to allow the public to take part of your advancements. Please send your
    text to resultfsm2009-discussion@...
    <mailto:resultfsm2009-discussion@...>_._

    The results will be posted on
    openfsm.net/projects/resultfsm2009/project-home
    <http://openfsm.net/projects/resultfsm2009/project-home> and
    www.fsm2009amazonia.org.br/noticias/convergencias-assembleias-e-iniciativas
    <http://www.fsm2009amazonia.org.br/noticias/convergencias-assembleias-e-iniciativas>.
    There, you can already find statements from most of the assemblies held
    during the WSF 2009 as well as results from other activities.

    *[WHO'LL UPDATE THE THE FSM2009AMAZONIA WEBSITE ON THIS? IS THAT AGREED
    WITH METHODOLOGY PEOPLE/BELEM COMMITEE? I SUGGEST REMOVING THE
    FSM2009AMAZONIA LINK FROM THIS ITEM]*

    *3) Media coverage and reports*

    *[SOME INTRODUCTORY TEXT]*

    ciranda - http://www.ciranda.net/spip/rubrique37.html

    wsftv -- http://www.wsftv.net/

    foro de radios - http://www.foroderadios.org/index.php

    fsminfo -- digital clipping of blogs and websites --
    http://openfsm.net/projects/fsm2009-info/blog

    mainstream media clipping - ????

    *4) IC meeting*

    *[SHORT INFO ABOUT BELEM IC AND DATES OF NEXT IC]*

    *5) WSF participation certificates*

    *[WE DON'T HAVE THE LINK, NEITHER THE CERTIFICATE READY YET AND PROBABLY
    WON'T HAVE SO SOON]*

    Thiago Benicchio
    World Social Forum Office - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    +55-91-3258-8914
    skype user: benicchio