• WG about future

  • point of order/cuestion de proceso (traduccion/translation)

    from giuseppe on Aug 14, 2012 11:51 AM
    es posible de pedir la ayuda de traductores (babels) asi que cada uno pueda
    escribir en el idioma que escoja?

    is it possible to ask translators' help (babels) so that each of us can
    write in the language one chooses?

    abrazos

    P.S.
    thank you francine and chico i read both papers with great attention, so
    much to discuss...
    gracias a francine e chico, lei los dos ensayo con gran atencion, hay mucho
    para discutir...

    --
    Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
    Post-Doctoral Researcher

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: point of order/cuestion de proceso (traduccion/translation)

    from Helio on Aug 15, 2012 06:13 PM
    Giu, my dear
    I think it would be complicated to ask their help for every message (some
    of only two or three lines). For bigger texts, its easier - although it
    takes some time to have the translations done.

    I suggest, then, that we try to write in English and, if able to, in
    Spanish/Portuguese or French. If not, we can all try to use google
    translate. Dont you think?

    cheers,

    --
    Hélio Menezes
    WSF Office / Escritório do FSM

    2012/8/14 Giuseppe Caruso <giu.caruso@...>

    > es posible de pedir la ayuda de traductores (babels) asi que cada uno
    > pueda escribir en el idioma que escoja?
    >
    > is it possible to ask translators' help (babels) so that each of us can
    > write in the language one chooses?
    >
    > abrazos
    >
    > P.S.
    > thank you francine and chico i read both papers with great attention, so
    > much to discuss...
    > gracias a francine e chico, lei los dos ensayo con gran atencion, hay
    > mucho para discutir...
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
    > Post-Doctoral Researcher
    > Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights - University
    > of Helsinki
    > PO Box 4 (Yliopistonkatu, 3)
    > 00014 Helsinki - Finland
    > email: giu.caruso@...
    > giuseppe.caruso@...
    > tel. +358 9191 23525
    > Mobile: +358 (0) 44 2222 848
    > giuseppecaruso.wordpress.com
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1344945070177<http://openfsm.net/projects/wsfic_fsmci/lists/wg-about-future/archive/2012/08/1344945070177>

    • Re: point of order/cuestion de proceso (traduccion/translation)

      from giuseppe on Aug 16, 2012 11:34 AM
      yes you are right Helio, such kind of translation is a bit difficult. it is
      complicated though because it makes our work a little more convoluted as
      (and this is just one example) liege will never know what vinod writes and
      vinod will never know what liege writes unless someone else translates
      their messages.

      PROPOSAL:
      in practice there is the possibility to work around this if we organise
      language homogeneous subgroups (not ideal but...) to draft our document.

      tienes razos helio, este tipo de traduccion es un poco dificil. pero esto
      hace nuestro trabajo un poco mas complicado porque (y esto no es que un
      ejemplo) liege nunca sabra lo que vinod escribio y vbinod nunca sabra lo
      que liege escribio si no hay alguien que traduzca.

      PROPUESTA:
      in practica podriamos trabajar en sub-grupos de trabajo homogeneos
      linguisticamente para escvribir nuestro documento.

      love